The Student Room Group

Loan repayment query

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me clarify the student loan repayment situation.

I have loans from both plans. Plan1 and Plan 2. I'm wondering how the repayments work for paying towards both plans. Is it only 9% that is deducted for both plans? or 9% per plan.

My salary changes from month to month due to shift allowance payments and I also have an additional job. Will my loan payments be deducted from both jobs?

For example, in April I was paid 2712 and 132 loan was deducted, in may I was paid 2492 and 112 loan deduction. But I also have a second job, a job where I pick the shifts I want to work if any, so this is a flexible income. From this job, I get paid weekly. so in April I only worked a few shifts and got paid 497 with a 45 loan deduction and so far June I've been paid 241 with a 22 loan deduction.

I would be grateful if anyone can help me understand the payments a little better. I normally wouldn't mind overpayments but I'm trying to save over the next year and would like to pay the bare minimum in student loan repayments.

Thank you
Original post by Tee_A
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me clarify the student loan repayment situation.

I have loans from both plans. Plan1 and Plan 2. I'm wondering how the repayments work for paying towards both plans. Is it only 9% that is deducted for both plans? or 9% per plan.

Someone asked the same question the other day. The thread can be found here
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Someone asked the same question the other day. The thread can be found here

Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending