DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've done so much research for this and looked at so many articles. I have so many facts and figures I don't know what I need and what I don't need. Can somebody give me a list of definite things to revise? I'm struggling to decide which things are important.
chiararm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I've done so much research for this and looked at so many articles. I have so many facts and figures I don't know what I need and what I don't need. Can somebody give me a list of definite things to revise? I'm struggling to decide which things are important.
My teacher told our class that we only really need to know the extra case study for a Sahel country, the costs and benefits of migration to Europe and what strategies can be used to deal with the issue - improving conditions in the Sahel and tackling the smuggling. But most of the evidence we need is in the 4B pack we have in the exam and that we reference that when necessary. Hope that clarifies things.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by chiararm)
My teacher told our class that we only really need to know the extra case study for a Sahel country, the costs and benefits of migration to Europe and what strategies can be used to deal with the issue - improving conditions in the Sahel and tackling the smuggling. But most of the evidence we need is in the 4B pack we have in the exam and that we reference that when necessary. Hope that clarifies things.
Thanks so much! My teacher has been too busy with her other jobs around school so she's pretty much just told us to Google things which isn't useful. This really helps!
beckyfrance
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Thanks so much! My teacher has been too busy with her other jobs around school so she's pretty much just told us to Google things which isn't useful. This really helps!
I'm having the same problem! I have categorised the information into several sub-topics:
1) Routes to the EU
2) General Push/Pull Factors
3) Challenges to Migrants
4) Climate Change
5) EU Quotas and Tensions in the EU
6) Benefits to the EU
7) Solutions
8) Case Study
This makes it just seem a lot easier! There is a lot of cross-over though, but most of the information I got was mainly from the booklet (aside from the case study of course) and some reading around the subject. Good luck in the exam!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (96)
28.49%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (63)
18.69%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (34)
10.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.67%

Watched Threads