The Student Room Group

CCEA T6 Maths : Discussion

I thought both papers were rather easy, straightforward although they were more difficult than the past T6's imo, which in turn is much easier than T4. The only thing I might've screwed up I think is the Bob's marbles question, decided to become illiterate and I don't think I read it properly.

The last question of the calculator was pretty funny, as the first thing I thought of when I saw it was that infamous Hannah's sweets question from the Edexcel maths a few years ago. They basically took that, changed Hannah to Suzi and made it tougher, although you only had to prove 5n^2 - 77n - 132 = 0 or something.

So all in all, pretty happy with it. I would expect the grade boundaries to be lower in-line with the T4, probably at least sub-70 for an A*. I'd quite like full UMS, so I'll keep it optimistic.
Reply 1
I'm pretty sure I ****ed up my whole paper 1. It was such a pain in the ass. Paper 2 was super easy and I think the only one I left out was the last question. Does anyone know the approximate grade boundaries? I'm hoping for a B :frown:
Reply 2
Attachment not found
Original post by dima11592
I'm pretty sure I ****ed up my whole paper 1. It was such a pain in the ass. Paper 2 was super easy and I think the only one I left out was the last question. Does anyone know the approximate grade boundaries? I'm hoping for a B :frown:

example 6.png

The last few T6 grade boundaries have been at least below 70, so I'm predicting that for this paper, it'll be at least below 70 for an A* as they've made the tests this season more challenging imo. The T4 grade boundaries will be ridiculous, as the January ones were like 54/100 for A* so It'll be as low or lower.
(edited 6 years ago)
Did anyone else get that n=12 for the last q? I thought both tests were hard. I got 9 in the marbles q.
Reply 4
Original post by tryhard11
Attachment not found

example 6.png

The last few T6 grade boundaries have been at least below 70, so I'm predicting that for this paper, it'll be at least below 70 for an A* as they've made the tests this season more challenging imo. The T4 grade boundaries will be ridiculous, as the January ones were like 54/100 for A* so It'll be as low or lower.

What do you think if i screwed up like 15 marks what could I get?
Reply 5
Original post by Hateexams123453
Did anyone else get that n=12 for the last q? I thought both tests were hard. I got 9 in the marbles q.

Did you prove that 5n^2 - 77n + 132 = 0? All it asked was to prove it, so if you did that, you didn't have to go on to solve the actual equation.
Reply 6
Original post by Ewe1234
What do you think if i screwed up like 15 marks what could I get?

I'd be looking at an A* by the looks of things. If you're sure you've only lost 15, then I think you'll be fine.
Reply 7
Should clarify the pictures: Each mark is out of 100, so when it says 'Max', it's talking about the amount of raw marks needed for full uniform marks, i.e 220/220.

Quick Reply