kc111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys, would like to know which degree - Business Mathematics and Statistics or Government and Economics - offers better employment prospect in finance/banking (especially investment banking) after graduation from LSE.

It seems that Gov & Econ is on par with or even better than BMS on investment banking placement (?).

Generally speaking, which one is perceived as a more competitive degree to get into and study - BMS or Gov & Econ?

By the way, what are the best degrees at LSE for investment banking recruitment? pure Economics and Math & Econ?

tks
Movementmoments
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kc111)
Hi guys, would like to know which degree - Business Mathematics and Statistics or Government and Economics - offers better employment prospect in finance/banking (especially investment banking) after graduation from LSE.

It seems that Gov & Econ is on par with or even better than BMS on investment banking placement (?).

Generally speaking, which one is perceived as a more competitive degree to get into and study - BMS or Gov & Econ?

By the way, what are the best degrees at LSE for investment banking recruitment? pure Economics and Math & Econ?

tks
With the exception of highly technical roles (e.g exotic derivatives related) where a quant degree is an advantage, banks don't really care about your degree subject. LSE is a target uni so your banking prospects will be good regardless of your degree subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed