i think somthing has gone wrong with my SF application??? I'm getting paranoid omg

Watch
Student5365968
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Attachment 656520
Hi
I am 100% sure when i submitted my application online, i clicked 'living elsewhere' therefore accommodation, i did not click 'living with parents' i am 100% sure of this. Also i asked for the higher amount of maintenance loan, which is £8,430. My parent's have filled their household income, it just needs submitting now, they were literally just going to do it, before i saw this.

I randomly clicked ' view application summary'. and it says maintenance loan: £3,928 and higher amount of maintenance loan is £4,682.

i'm 100% sure i clicked living elsewhere, and i asked for a higher maintenance loan. Has something gone wrong?? Why does it say 4,682 for higher maintenance loan, should it not be £8,430?? isn't this wrong, or am i overthinking this, and it doesn't matter?

I'm getting really paranoid something went wrong with my application. Any help appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
3928+4682=8610?
Are the numbers wrong? because it looks like you got more than the max
AmeliaCullen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The loan is divided into two parts:
Everyone who meets the criteria is entitled to a non-income assessed part of roughly £3900. The rest is income based.

You're overthinking this and need to stop panicking, seriously.
Student5365968
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
The loan is divided into two parts:
Everyone who meets the criteria is entitled to a non-income assessed part of roughly £3900. The rest is income based.

You're overthinking this and need to stop panicking, seriously.
Thanks for the reply. The amount of the two loans make £8,610. This is above the max maintennce loan. So it means i get £3928, without parent's household income being assessed right? and the higher amount of maintennce loan on my SF is income assessed? So its nothing worry about then? i just thought somthing went wrong.
thanks
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Student5365968)
Thanks for the reply. The amount of the two loans make £8,610. This is above the max maintennce loan. So it means i get £3928, without parent's household income being assessed right? and the higher amount of maintennce loan on my SF is income assessed? So its nothing worry about then? i just thought somthing went wrong.
thanks
If your course is more than 30 weeks and 3 days, you'll get the longer course loan. (can''t remember off the top of my head how much that is)
Student5365968
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
If your course is more than 30 weeks and 3 days, you'll get the longer course loan. (can''t remember off the top of my head how much that is)
oh okay. So it's nothing to worry about then, everything with my application is okay, right? thanks for the reply.
Evan SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh okay. So it's nothing to worry about then, everything with my application is okay, right? thanks for the reply.
You should definitely call us to find out if you are being assessed correctly. There could be any number of reasons your assessment is at the level it is, from missing paperwork, to the information still being processed as we speak, through to the simplest: That the assessment is correct and the household income is high enough to make the low award accurate.

We can't diagnose any of that over a public forum, so calling is a plan.

As Tiger said above, the length of your course could affect your award, but only after we have finished the household income assessment. You can't get what we refer to as a Long Courses Loan without the income assessment.
Student5365968
Rep:
?
(Original post by Evan SFE)
You should definitely call us to find out if you are being assessed correctly. There could be any number of reasons your assessment is at the level it is, from missing paperwork, to the information still being processed as we speak, through to the simplest: That the assessment is correct and the household income is high enough to make the low award accurate.

We can't diagnose any of that over a public forum, so calling is a plan.

As Tiger said above, the length of your course could affect your award, but only after we have finished the household income assessment. You can't get what we refer to as a Long Courses Loan without the income assessment.
thanks for the reply, but i am recived my noe, and it is the amount i specified above. this is okay, right?
Evan SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thanks for the reply, but i am recived my noe, and it is the amount i specified above. this is okay, right?
You can still received a Notification of Entitlement before your household income assessment is complete. I'd recommend that you call us, just to clarify everything and put your mind at ease.
Student5365968
Rep:
?
(Original post by Evan SFE)
You can still received a Notification of Entitlement before your household income assessment is complete. I'd recommend that you call us, just to clarify everything and put your mind at ease.
my application has been approved by Sf. thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No (128)
71.11%

Watched Threads