BBC Leaders Special: Corbyn v May - The Final Verdict

Watch
Poll: BBC Question Time Special - who won?
Theresa May (25)
25.51%
Jeremy Corbyn (73)
74.49%
This discussion is closed.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Starting now!
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Absolutely dreadful performance by both of them. So disappointed.
Hugh_Jass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm spoiling my vote.

Calamitous.

Where's the 'neither' option OP?
BasicMistake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Corbyn got ****ed by an impossible question.

Either he refuses to retaliate when a hostile nation launches a nuke at us or he sanctions the deaths of millions of people when all is lost already.
teenhorrorstory
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Corbyn did well till he was bombarded with like a thousand questions about whether he'd killed hundreds of millions of people with a nuclear bomb..
Hugh_Jass
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BasicMistake)
Corbyn got ****ed by an impossible question.

Either he refuses to retaliate when a hostile nation launches a nuke at us or he sanctions the deaths of millions of people when all is lost already.
It's not an impossible question. He's caught in two minds.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Corbyn dodged so many questions RIP.

But thank **** that girl came out and said "I'm not so sure why everyone's intent on killing millions of people" cause I'd honestly lost faith in humanity considering how much people had a boner over using nukes on every Tom, **** and Harry.

Also saw this amusing tidbit on twitter:

Audience: How dare you not condemn the IRA killers!
Audience: How dare you not be prepared to kill millions of people!
Hugh_Jass
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by teenhorrorstory)
Corbyn did well till he was bombarded with like a thousand questions about whether he'd killed hundreds of millions of people with a nuclear bomb..
It's one of the first things you must decide as a new PM. He should have been prepared for such questions.
Movementmoments
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
**** me, questions should be screened to avoid the diabolical performance we've seen tonight.

Two things that made me laugh.

Firstly the random guy screaming at May. Secondly the guy in the RL jacket complaining that he may lose his beer money because 100,000s of people want a stable income and to be free from the menace of zero hour contracts
Hugh_Jass
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Inexorably)
Corbyn dodged so many questions RIP.

But thank **** that girl came out and said "I'm not so sure why everyone's intent on killing millions of people" cause I'd honestly lost faith in humanity considering how much people had a boner over using nukes on every Tom, **** and Harry.

Also saw this amusing tidbit on twitter:

Audience: How dare you not condemn the IRA killers!
Audience: How dare you not be prepared to kill millions of people!
So we should just sit back and take a nuke to the a-hole?

It's a valid question that has been asked several times now, and Corbyn refuses to answer it.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A clear victory for Jeremy Corbyn
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Paracosm)
Absolutely dreadful performance by both of them. So disappointed.
I think you were watching Britain's Got Talent. It was a clear victory for Corbyn.
A Slice of Pi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saunders16)
Please do well tonight, Theresa May.
She certainly redeemed herself after the last one; stayed calm despite some tough questions. Corbyn, on the other hand, had a bit of a nightmare when pressed on the use of nuclear weapons, and was much more evasive when it came to the more difficult issues.
BasicMistake
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hugh_Jass)
It's not an impossible question. He's caught in two minds.
I consider it an impossible question because I do not believe that anyone can know what they will truly do when they are faced with that situation. It is oh so easy to say that what you would do during a Question Time but if there was a Taepodong-2 heading for London, I expect anyone would reconsider their position, regardless of what it originally was.
Movementmoments
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JMR2017)
A clear victory for Jeremy Corbyn
Far from it. He was bogged down by the nuclear questions and the IRA ones. He kept his composure but it definitely wasn't a victory
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hugh_Jass)
So we should just sit back and take a nuke to the a-hole?

It's a valid question that has been asked several times now, and Corbyn refuses to answer it.
I don't understand why you are obsessed by using a weapon of mass destruction which will kill millions and make our earth uninhabitable...
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Movementmoments)
Far from it. He was bogged down by the nuclear questions and the IRA ones kept his composure but it definitely wasn't a victory
Mate, I think you were watching the Jeremy Kyle show, not Question Time.
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you were watching Britain's Got Talent. It was a clear victory for Corbyn.
It really wasn't.
Hugh_Jass
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't understand why you are obsessed by using a weapon of mass destruction which will kill millions and make our earth uninhabitable...
"I don't see why everyone is so keen on killing people with a nuclear bomb." Because it means they wont use them on us first.

Sargon said it perfectly.
Snufkin
Report 2 years ago
Bit of a car crash on both sides. But it hasn't made me regret my vote, anyone and anything is better than the Tories.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads