Right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zayn008)
You're actually dumb if you think Blair will return to front line politics again. No one wanted Blair to return, rather they wanted to build on his & browns work as new Labour. Ed Miliband was actually on track to get a hung parliament too, despite corbyns gains nothing actually indicates hes near to winning, sure he closed the gap.. the gap he created. It's also worth noting the polls always overestimate labour especially around this time of the election campaign.

The only labour politician who's been asked to return is David Miliband, i dont recall people wanting Blair. Even Blairites know hes toxic and if the ideas of New Labour are to succeed in the future, it'll need to be made distant from Blair
I guess we will see how Labour does on the day that matters. Election day. I am interested if it will be a hung parliament or if May will win (with a bigger or smaller majority than atm). We can never really be sure about this stuff, since the polls are wrong sometimes (*cough* Brexit and Trump), but at the same time we can't overlook the other times when they have been right. I think it might be close call but Tory's will just clinch a majority, albeit a smaller one, without any closet-UKIP MPs in their backbenches.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by MADMANMALIK)
I guess we will see how Labour does on the day that matters. Election day. I am interested if it will be a hung parliament or if May will win (with a bigger or smaller majority than atm). We can never really be sure about this stuff, since the polls are wrong sometimes (*cough* Brexit and Trump), but at the same time we can't overlook the other times when they have been right. I think it might be close call but Tory's will just clinch a majority, albeit a smaller one, without any closet-UKIP MPs in their backbenches.
Polls have been getting things wrong for ages, 1992? 2010? All wrong. Brexit was tight and was always a possibility. Trump was a genuine shock as he kept progressing against the odds and actually won it, brexit made sense but compared to US history, its seen nothing like trump with no military or political experience.

I think its just too unpredictable, i still wouldn't write off a landslide for May, truth is Corbyn supporters alienate the moderate vote like me and its seriously conflicting. I was solidly going to vote May along with my family despite them ALWAYS voting labour, my grandma even voted labour when it was Michael Foot, but recently against my gut ill be voting labour, I'll probably walk out thinking why but ill just have to Imagine Ed Miliband is the leader when drawing the cross. The more i think about it the less i want To do, so I'm not gonna keep up with politics from Monday and ill just do whatever feels right on Thursday
I committed zina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Coolerthanapples)
Says "I commited zina"
can u pls explain the relevance of ur comment
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zayn008)
Polls have been getting things wrong for ages, 1992? 2010? All wrong. Brexit was tight and was always a possibility. Trump was a genuine shock as he kept progressing against the odds and actually won it, brexit made sense but compared to US history, its seen nothing like trump with no military or political experience.

I think its just too unpredictable, i still wouldn't write off a landslide for May, truth is Corbyn supporters alienate the moderate vote like me and its seriously conflicting. I was solidly going to vote May along with my family despite them ALWAYS voting labour, my grandma even voted labour when it was Michael Foot, but recently against my gut ill be voting labour, I'll probably walk out thinking why but ill just have to Imagine Ed Miliband is the leader when drawing the cross. The more i think about it the less i want To do, so I'm not gonna keep up with politics from Monday and ill just do whatever feels right on Thursday
I completely agree.
Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
his wifes a lawyer
Sarahsez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Tony Blair and Bush have caused all these terrorist attacks due to their foreign policies and meddling in the Middle East, starting with the illegal Iraq war. The UN even stated that it was an "illegal" war.
Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sarahsez)
Tony Blair and Bush have caused all these terrorist attacks due to their foreign policies and meddling in the Middle East, starting with the illegal Iraq war. The UN even stated that it was an "illegal" war.
what the heck has iraq got to do with a nigerian beheading someone, a black guy driving a van or a pakistani . its apologist nonesense and skirting round the factual issue . uk has interveened in scores of countries for decades. right now we have less than 300 troops in iraq. hese scumbags actions are driven by indoctrination, not our overseas forces
Laomedeia
Report 2 years ago
Tony Blair led us into a war, using lies and deception, resulting in the death of thousands of our soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians. His actions have given rise to instability in the region and terror groups the freedom to rise. He should be arrested and put in prison.
Because the system of justice in the UK isn't fit for purpose. It is worse than useless. This has become acceptable on the grounds of human rights applying to prisoners. The whole thing is fundamentally knackered.
Sarahsez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Bush/Blair are responsible for these attacks. This is all his doing.
CharlesF.Kane
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tony Blair led us into a war, using lies and deception, resulting in the death of thousands of our soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians. His actions have given rise to instability in the region and terror groups the freedom to rise. He should be arrested and put in prison.
Because he's rich and powerful.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tony Blair backed a US led war to remove the tyrant saddam who committed crimes against humanity against his own people (Iraqi Kurds) and Iranians by launching chemical weapons on them. Blair led us into a war based on strong intelligence of Saddam having WMDs as the USA found too, the only thing he lied about and the intelligence didnt fully confirm was the capabilities of these WMDs.

Tell me exactly which war crimes he should be tried with? Until then gain some education and dont just see the front of things of believe everything you're told. Look back to 2002/2003 and the build up to the war, do it yourself, dont listen to other people's gathering of evidence, gather it yourself.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bush/Blair are responsible for these attacks. This is all his doing.
You're so dumb it hurts.... if anyone should be blamed for today's current form of terrorism its Obama for pulling out of Iraq and destabilising it. Bush and Blair might've been unsuccessful in iraq post-invasion but they stayed and cleared up the mess, at the end of the initial iraq war it was stable, US and UK presence should've remained put. Obama knew full well the new Iraqi army was weak and they wouldn't be able to combat definite terror threats.

You clearly have little knowledge on the subject. It's far more complex than you think, the radicalisation occurred because of iran's influence in the region which led to Shia rebellions funded by Ayotallah, then the Sunni neighbourhoods felt the need to retailite as these people would go around killing sunnis because they saw them as being on Saddam's side.

Had you not had the iraq war, the Shia terrorism was rising in the 90's anyway as saddam and the Iraqi economy became weaker while irans influence and power grew.

To be honest, if we just stuck to international economic law and fined Kuwait for undercutting its oil prices to harm the Iraqi economy from recovering post Iran-iraq war, then it could've been stopped. That being said, Saddam still deserved to be removed for the use of chemical weapons and it should've been Removed after the gulf war as Iran was still weak and the Iraqi economy hadn't been hit too hard. And although WMDs weren't found, ballistic missiles which were supposed be destroyed were found
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The guy who said the iraq war was illegal is the same guy who told Tony Blair in September 2002 that he believed saddam still had WMDs... he also approved the dossier saying it was plausible. He also said he believed Blair and Bush acted in good faith 100% based on the evidence given, I wouldn't defend bush on that since he has too many conflicting ties however i would agree and defend that Blair acted 100% in good faith.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe he was called "Teflon Tony" for good reason?

Name:  TeflonTony.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  13.8 KB
SixmilIionstein
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Name:  oyvey.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  21.1 KB

He has friends in high places.
Melancholy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Because he hasn't commit war crimes, unlike Saddam Hussein or Vladamir Putin, who I would suggest you would never dream of using force to bring to justice.
Stalin
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What information do you have to support your claim that the UN stated that it was illegal, let alone that the war was illegal?
SyriaNews
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Israel were behind 9/11

They owned the towers and profited from its destruction. By the way Larry Silverstein and Netanyahu are reported by even US media to have been good friends and call eachother regularly.

Netanyahu admitted Israel has benefited from 9/11

War on terror has devastated Middle Eastern countries one after the other but Israel is fine.

Lot of "deniers" here.
jonw45
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
it was illegal as he didn't have the backing of the UN or NATO, required to invade a foreign country under international law
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.57%
Excited (156)
9.17%
Worried (305)
17.92%
Terrified (379)
22.27%
Meh (165)
9.69%
Confused (37)
2.17%