The Student Room Group

Boyfriend wants to know each time a guy flirts w/ me

On social media and in real life, being a girl it's fairly normal to get hit on, flirted with etc especially over FB messenger, Instagram etc. It happens to me frequently and once my boyfriend saw my FB inbox had a load of unread messages from men with flirtatious comments. I told him I just don't bother clicking on them, and decline message requests.

Anyway, he said he'd like it if I could tell him each time a guy flirts with me, and send him a picture of the guy. I thought that was odd - I'd expected him to not want to know if other guys flirted with me, I'd rather not know if other girls were flirting with him as I'd get a bit jealous to be honest etc. I did once mention a guy flirting, but also warned him not to speak to the guy that flirted with me (that could complicate things for me in real life). We're long distance anyway so what exactly is he going to do anyway?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He sounds very insecure, trying to compare to see if they're better looking than him perhaps.
Reply 2
I bet nobody flirts with you.
Original post by stefano865
I bet nobody flirts with you.

Savage!
Reply 4
our boyfriends deserve to know :smile: x
you're in love after all
Reply 5
Original post by theangel1
our boyfriends deserve to know :smile: x
you're in love after all

but it feels like such unnecessary information like 'hey erm this guy did this today (whatever happened/was said)'. It feels like an attempt from me to make him jealous although he's literally asking to know, and it doesn't even affect us in any way whatsoever.
'fairly normal to get hit on?' for you maybe...
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
He sounds very insecure, trying to compare to see if they're better looking than him perhaps.

that sounds possible actually. Him asking for photos was weird, because I thought okay maybe he wants to know who likes me, but my boyfriend lives hours away from me, so it's not like he'd know them anyway, so that confused me.
Lol I never get messages on any social media except from creeps every few years. That is very weird though. You should clear out your inbox tbh.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS

on a real you're a cockblock i noticed this bare
It sounds like he's insecure and that he doesn't trust you.
I dated a boy last year like that, and it started out with him asking for info like this, it then progressed to him telling me I couldn't talk to certain people.

I broke up with him.
He doesn't have the right to control who I speak to, and although I was faithful to him, he didn't trust me enough and tried to monitor who I was with.

I can't date someone who doesn't trust me, and if he is beginning to exert that kind of control over you, that's a red flag to future abuse.

I'm not saying you should break up, but I do say look up the 'symptoms' so to speak, of relationship abuse and make a descision on whether you think continuing to be with him is worth it.

What he is doing isn't normal, or acceptable, be careful ☺️
be careful in case he becomes too controlling x
Original post by shadowfeathers
It sounds like he's insecure and that he doesn't trust you.
I dated a boy last year like that, and it started out with him asking for info like this, it then progressed to him telling me I couldn't talk to certain people.

I broke up with him.
He doesn't have the right to control who I speak to, and although I was faithful to him, he didn't trust me enough and tried to monitor who I was with.

I can't date someone who doesn't trust me, and if he is beginning to exert that kind of control over you, that's a red flag to future abuse.

I'm not saying you should break up, but I do say look up the 'symptoms' so to speak, of relationship abuse and make a descision on whether you think continuing to be with him is worth it.

What he is doing isn't normal, or acceptable, be careful ☺️

Although you were unfaithful? Sounds like people have a reason not to trust you.

EDIT: I obviously can't read.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Zourtix
Although you were unfaithful? Sounds like people have a reason not to trust you.

Can you read? Lol
Original post by Fermion.
Can you read? Lol

Sorry? Have I misunderstood? I'm genuinely sorry if I have - lack of sleep may have made me dull.
He's probably got a cuck fetish and eyeing up a potential "bull".
Original post by Zourtix
Sorry? Have I misunderstood? I'm genuinely sorry if I have - lack of sleep may have made me dull.

She said she was faithful but you said she said she wasnt faithful?
Original post by Fermion.
She said she was faithful but you said she said she wasnt faithful?

Original post by shadowfeathers
although I was faithful to him

You're quite right - I can't read. I even read it 3 times over to check before I posted. Sorry, I'm dumb.
Original post by WoodyMKC
He's probably got a cuck fetish and eyeing up a potential "bull".

lolz

Ps: dear OP, your bf is insecure :cry: Tbh I'd break up with him, long distance + insecure = nope
(edited 6 years ago)
Tell him no, there's no benefit to anyone with him knowing who the thirsty guys are.

Quick Reply

Latest