The Student Room Group

Is it sad that I haven't been on holiday in years?

I'm 24 and I've never been aboard or on hoilday in 12 years! I haven't been due to money issues!
Original post by Matty2993
I'm 24 and I've never been aboard or on hoilday in 12 years! I haven't been due to money issues!

Not at all, not everyone can afford the luxury of a holiday abroad, and they are very expensive now days! I never went abroad until I was 15, and that was only because my friends family paid for me.
Original post by Matty2993

That is kind of sad yeah. But oh well some people aren't as lucky as others. Hopefully someday soon you can have the holiday of a lifetime!
A little but it's not that unusual. You can do foreign holidays pretty cheaply now if you want one. The budget airlines run £30 flights all over Europe.
Sad? From whose perspective? Just work hard to get yourself in a better position so you can afford it. I'd reserve sad for a lot of other situations as opposed to not going on holiday.
First world problems. Nah it ain't sad, if you don't have money then you shouldn't beat yourself up about not going abroad. Anyway there's lots of fun things you can do in the UK.
I'm 18 and havent been since I was about 10 purely because my family is lazy. I only went abroad one time as part of a school trip. It's not sad, it is how it is.
Reply 7
So how can some people afford loads of holidays a year?
very common I haven't been on one in over a decade aswell
I respect well traveled people but if its truly beyond your capacity then I can't possible judge you for it.

There are cheaper holiday options you could look into (backpacking South East Asia for example)

I kinda understand where you're coming from tho, I hadn't gone in a while because I had no one to go with.
(edited 6 years ago)
Haven't been on holiday since I was 2, which of course I cannot remember, I'd rather invest into something that lasts rather than something temporary, like a car or something. It's not sad, for me it's logical
i havent gone for about 5 years due to money, only could before because my family took me.
Its a mixture of no money, poor health and crippling anxiety.
So its not really odd :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest