workaholic.ok
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm really stressing because for my ICT exam i wrote a spreadsheet and apparently i'm sure the answer is a database! i thought they were the same thing ?! But i wrote they can mail merge and make queries and thats for a database not for a spreadsheet??
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by workaholic.ok)
I'm really stressing because for my ICT exam i wrote a spreadsheet and apparently i'm sure the answer is a database! i thought they were the same thing ?! But i wrote they can mail merge and make queries and thats for a database not for a spreadsheet??
You're correct on the last part, that databases are used for queries and may merges. As for the difference, there definitely is a difference in terms of how they work, however, the mark scheme may allow either, depending on what it specifically asked for.

Do you know how many marks each bit of the question was worth?
workaholic.ok
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
You're correct on the last part, that databases are used for queries and may merges. As for the difference, there definitely is a difference in terms of how they work, however, the mark scheme may allow either, depending on what it specifically asked for.

Yes it was two separate questions one for the database answer and the other one what can it do e.g. Mail merge

Posted from TSR Mobile
workaholic.ok
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)

Yes it was two separate questions one for the database answer and the other one what can it do e.g. Mail merge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by workaholic.ok)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Queries and Reports are part of the DBMS' features, and they only allow the data to be presented.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads