The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Accommodation for POSTGRADUATE EU STUDENTS

Hello! I am hoping someone can tell me what my chances as a PG EU student are of getting accommodation on or off campus? I am a new student and I don't know if that makes any difference? :frown: And if I do apply for accommodation is it true that we only get to know if we got the room in August because it seems I won't have time to look for accommodation elsewhere. When would be the best time to look for accommodation in a private sector?
Also, if I somehow find other flatmates, each flatmate has to have their own guarantor?
I was also told of University of Surrey Lettings they are a part of the uni, can somebody tell me what that is about? Are their services free?
I apologize for so many questions, but there are so many differences in the system between my country and the UK.
Original post by NICKY71
Hello! I am hoping someone can tell me what my chances as a PG EU student are of getting accommodation on or off campus? I am a new student and I don't know if that makes any difference? :frown: And if I do apply for accommodation is it true that we only get to know if we got the room in August because it seems I won't have time to look for accommodation elsewhere. When would be the best time to look for accommodation in a private sector?
Also, if I somehow find other flatmates, each flatmate has to have their own guarantor?
I was also told of University of Surrey Lettings they are a part of the uni, can somebody tell me what that is about? Are their services free?
I apologize for so many questions, but there are so many differences in the system between my country and the UK.

Hi @NICKY71,

Unfortunately EU Postgrad students are not guaranteed accommodation on campus, though you are free to apply. USL (University of Surrey Lettings) is a free service which advertises properties available to let. You can read more about their service here. They've also got a Facebook page where people regularly post rooms that are available/if they are looking to form a group to rent a property.

Room allocations are made in August and September, as we need to have received confirmation that people have accepted their offer to study here so we know how many spaces are available in campus accommodation. If you don't get a room in student accommodation, I would advise looking for rooms with USL or using the Spare Room website (www.spareroom.co.uk). The accommodation team can anwswer any questions you may have about the application/allocation process :smile: They can be contacted via email at [email protected].

Hope this helps! :smile:

All the best,
Ashley
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending