Language Modules Watch

This discussion is closed.
Seneca
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Kitsune, You can take Japanese at LSE, in fact there is a Japanese society and I think that they have a free course. BTW I am now in Madrid and it will be a pleasure to see more Spaniards in Houghton Street.
Biggles
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seneca)
Kitsune, You can take Japanese at LSE, in fact there is a Japanese society and I think that they have a free course. BTW I am now in Madrid and it will be a pleasure to see more Spaniards in Houghton Street.
I don’t think the fast-pace of the LSE is really suited to the Spaniard. After all, I understand that the Spanish take a few hours off during the midday to have a snooze. I believe that they call it a “siesta”. In England we also have a term for that, namely “lazy *******s”.
Seneca
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Biggles)
I don’t think the fast-pace of the LSE is really suited to the Spaniard. After all, I understand that the Spanish take a few hours off during the midday to have a snooze. I believe that they call it a “siesta”. In England we also have a term for that, namely “lazy *******s”.
I love the always impartial data.

Average worked days for a Spanish undergraduate: 293/year
Average worked days for an English undergraduate 147/year

That explains why when we come to the LSE we also double your grades (and even have free time for a good siesta)
Biggles
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seneca)
I love the always impartial data.

Average worked days for a Spanish undergraduate: 293/year
Average worked days for an English undergraduate 147/year

That explains why when we come to the LSE we also double your grades (and even have free time for a good siesta)
Possible explanations -

1) A Spaniard needs 293 days to take in what an Englishman needs only 147 days for.
2) During a typical day the Spaniard will be asleep on his beloved siesta or making love to beautiful Spanish ladies, hence needs to almost double the number of days to make up for the lost time.
legalbeagle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Biggles)
Possible explanations -

1) A Spaniard needs 293 days to take in what an Englishman needs only 147 days for.
2) During a typical day the Spaniard will be asleep on his beloved siesta or making love to beautiful Spanish ladies, hence needs to almost double the number of days to make up for the lost time.

Wow, are you kidding around man or how do you really expect to get by at LSE with such a xenophobia?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.11%
No (508)
60.91%
Not really bothered about them (175)
20.98%

Watched Threads