The Student Room Group

I am failing History. Please Help!!!!!

Hey Everyone,

Hope you are all having a good time with revising. I wanted to ask in this forum that do I really need History in future like I know I am failing it because there is a lot to revise but I care more about my additional science then history if you know what I mean so yeah.

Will it impact on my job or something like that or hinder me from going to university if I pass my other 7 GCSE but fail one aka History. I want to pursue my career in Information and Technology so I don't really need history but still would it have a bad impact like not get a job or something like that.

Thanks for reading it and i would really appreciate a reply.

Good Luck to those doing History on Monday and all the best for other GCSEs to every student in the UK. :smile:
Reply 1
In all honesty, no. Don't stress too much about GCSE because they don't affect your university or job applications too much. Speaking from past experience, I used to worry about it a lot but I found out that it only affects your college application. If you want to do IT in college just make sure you get a C in Maths and English and a B in ICT.
Original post by Apnazain
Hey Everyone,

Hope you are all having a good time with revising. I wanted to ask in this forum that do I really need History in future like I know I am failing it because there is a lot to revise but I care more about my additional science then history if you know what I mean so yeah.

Will it impact on my job or something like that or hinder me from going to university if I pass my other 7 GCSE but fail one aka History. I want to pursue my career in Information and Technology so I don't really need history but still would it have a bad impact like not get a job or something like that.

Thanks for reading it and i would really appreciate a reply.

Good Luck to those doing History on Monday and all the best for other GCSEs to every student in the UK. :smile:

Nope you will be fine without it.
Reply 3
It would be great if you did at least pass history but if not don't worry seeing as it's not really to do with what you want to do in the future :smile:
Thanks for replying. :smile:

Original post by mnc61
In all honesty, no. Don't stress too much about GCSE because they don't affect your university or job applications too much. Speaking from past experience, I used to worry about it a lot but I found out that it only affects your college application. If you want to do IT in college just make sure you get a C in Maths and English and a B in ICT.
Thanks for replying and really appreciate your time. :smile:

Original post by Poppy55
It would be great if you did at least pass history but if not don't worry seeing as it's not really to do with what you want to do in the future :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending