Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Atheists, prove that God/Allah doesn't exist Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why do some atheists push their religion of atheism on others when there is no evidence that God/Allah doesn't exist? Being certain there is no God is just as bad logicaly as being certain that there is a God. For God, by his very nature, would be both unkown and unknowable. Scientific evidence of God would actually be proof against his existence, since it would render faith unnecessary.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Why do some atheists push their religion of atheism on others when there is no evidence that God/Allah doesn't exist? Being certain there is no God is just as bad logicaly as being certain that there is a God. For God, by his very nature, would be both unkown and unknowable. Scientific evidence of God would actually be proof against his existence, since it would render faith unnecessary.
    Personally, I'd say that we can't tell if God exists or not. Although I don't follow any religion, I still like to believe in a 'creator'

ReputationRep:
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    It is not possible to prove a negative (that something doesn't exist) so it is the job of the people who believe that it does exist to prove their point. The other side, who don't believe, show a healthy amount of skepticism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Religious people are the ones making the claim that said gods exist so the burden is on them to provide such evidence hence innocent till proven guilty, innocent being him not existing and guilty being vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Bacon is so delicious that no god could possibly ban it.

QED.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    Personally, I'd say that we can't tell if God exists or not. Although I don't follow any religion, I still like to believe in a 'creator'
    So that makes you agnostic then?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    What about it? Show me studies where science disproved the existance of God....Exactly

ReputationRep:
    Atheism isn't a religion, just a lack of belief.

(Original post by Kyx)
    It is not possible to prove a negative (that something doesn't exist) so it is the job of the people who believe that it does exist to prove their point. The other side, who don't believe, show a healthy amount of skepticism. Posted from TSR Mobile
    This.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    In general the burden of proof sits with the one who is claiming that something exists, in a world of infinite possibilities it is not possible to ask the denier to provide proof for non existence.

I would say that most hold the logical position of agnostic atheism as in they don't hold the belief that God exists since there is absolutely no proof of his existence however if that changed they would be prepared to rethink their position.

As of now God and unicorns both have about the same probability of existing.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Burden of proof is on theists since they make the claim that God exists.

(Original post by Steljoy)
    Can you move this to the right forum please? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    It is not possible to prove a negative (that something doesn't exist) so it is the job of the people who believe that it does exist to prove their point. The other side, who don't believe, show a healthy amount of skepticism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can prove something doesn't exist. See proof of Fermat's last theorem.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So that makes you agnostic then?
    Pretty much yeah, I know this was aimed at Atheists, but I just thought I'd put my opinion on the table
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Atheism isn't a religion, just a lack of belief.
    Yeah but don't atheists know that you can't have morality without God? It seems like atheists just want an excuse to not have to abide by God's moral code so they can do whatever they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Burden of proof is on theists since they make the claim that God exists.

Can you move this to the right forum please? lol
    But atheists have the belief that God doesn't exist, which is based on the same evidence that God does exists.

ReputationRep:
    Proof?

Wheres your proof god or allah do exist? A ****ing thousand year old book about a pedophile who married a 9 year old, waged war, and slaughtered some people before rising up to the heavens on the back of a flying horse? A book about a jew who had 12 criminal disciples, who married a prostitute, rose from the dead and rose up to the heavens on thin air? The stories in the old testament are mental, surely you'd acknowledge that.

Atheism isn't a religion either, it's a lack of religion, no faith no religion.
    I'd rather believe that everything came out of nowhere suddenly than believe some magical being above who is controlling everything (who also has no explanation to where they came from)

Why believe that god has no creator rather than believe you have no creator? Religious people need a feeling of being worth something, when actually we are all worthless. It's statistically impossible that reality exists and that we exist and have consciousness. The fact some christians are so self centered to believe they're made in god's image is absurd, just like every other religion in history from every nation on earth who said their god look exactly like them also, ABSURD! Destroy every religious book out there, and they will never come back again. Destroy every science book out there, and eventually they'll return after tests and experiments proving the content within.

Please consider your small place in the universe, we do not need religion but to feel important and privileged.

ReputationRep:
    Being certain there is no God is just as bad logicaly as being certain that there is a God.
    There are only a small number of atheists who are truly and completely sure that god doesn't exist. Meanwhile there are massive numbers of religious believers who are dead set on believing that a god exists.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    But atheists have the belief that God doesn't exist, which is based on the same evidence that God does exists.
    This.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold Saxon)
    Proof?

Wheres your ****ing proof god or allah do exist? A ****ing thousand year old book about a pedophile who married a 9 year old, waged war, and slaughtered some people before rising up to the heavens on the back of a flying horse? A book about a jew who had 12 criminal disciples, who married a prostitute, rose from the dead and rose up to the heavens on thin air? The stories in the old testament are mental, surely you'd acknowledge that.

Atheism isn't a religion either, it's a lack of religion, no faith no religion.
    I'd rather believe that everything came out of nowhere suddenly than believe some magical being above who is controlling everything (who also has no explanation to where they came from)

Why believe that god has no creator rather than believe you have no creator? Religious people need a feeling of being worth something, when actually we are all worthless. It's statistically impossible that reality exists and that we exist and have consciousness. The fact some christians are so self centered to believe they're made in god's image is absurd, just like every other religion in history from every nation on earth who said their god look exactly like them also, ABSURD! Destroy every religious book out there, and they will never come back again. Destroy every science book out there, and eventually they'll return after tests and experiments proving the content within.
    Yeah but atheists need FAITH to believe God doesn't exist, thus making atheism a religion. Why are they tryng to force their religion into public schools?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but don't atheists know that you can't have morality without God?
    Why can't you?

It seems like atheists just want an excuse to not have to abide by God's moral code so they can do whatever they want.
    What moral code? Killing people who don't believe?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.