The Student Room Group

Technical laptop question..

Hi there,
I think i will have to get myself a laptop for uni cause taking my big computer up to uni will be too much hassle.
Im not too bothered what laptop im gonna go for, but it cant be too expensive (ideally after something around or under £600). The only thing is i NEED a DVD-RW cause i got to burn my films and stuff.

I currently got a DVD-RW on my big pc, but am wondering if there is some sort of device which can convert the IDE cable + power supply to something that can fit into a laptop. i know through my search on ebay that there is a device that does the opposite (i.e a small laptop device into a IDE socket).

I hope this is possible, as that way i will save myself a lot of money!
cheers for any help

Zain
Reply 1
Unregistered
Hi there,
I think i will have to get myself a laptop for uni cause taking my big computer up to uni will be too much hassle.
Im not too bothered what laptop im gonna go for, but it cant be too expensive (ideally after something around or under £600). The only thing is i NEED a DVD-RW cause i got to burn my films and stuff.

I currently got a DVD-RW on my big pc, but am wondering if there is some sort of device which can convert the IDE cable + power supply to something that can fit into a laptop. i know through my search on ebay that there is a device that does the opposite (i.e a small laptop device into a IDE socket).

I hope this is possible, as that way i will save myself a lot of money!
cheers for any help

Zain

Sorry about the delayed response, I was on holiday.

Try http://www.deltrontech.com/products.htm, which has many relevant products such as USB to IDE, FireWire to IDE and serial to IDE adaptors. It also shows IDE external enclosures with various interfaces. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for, but I recommend you take a look :smile:.

Regards,
Reply 2
rahaydenuk
Sorry about the delayed response, I was on holiday.

Wondered how come you hadn't posted in a while. Welcome back :smile:.
Reply 3
Nylex
Wondered how come you hadn't posted in a while. Welcome back :smile:.

Thanks! Now I have about 9 pages of posts to trawl through...

Latest

Trending

Trending