The Student Room Group

What can Muslims do about to prevent these terror attacks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Do you want the real answer to this question as depressing in humanity it may be? Isolation between Muslims and non Muslim communities...the Muslim community would still war between itself over ideologies however. There are a lot of muslims who are obviously good people in this world, but Islam as an ideology extends itself to groups of people that are able to interpret the Quran to extract anti-western/progressive ideals(I don't think these are all great either.) This, by definition makes them no less muslim than you are, they just put more focus on different Islamic doctrine). Ideologies that allow room to breed these ideas and require complete indoctrination will always produce these results

While it's wrong to hold individual muslims who have no involvement in terror responsible, as long as Islam exists..terrorism will, if another similar ideology took its place, you would only expect the same outcome.
(edited 6 years ago)
that just sounds so dumb.... terrorists arent religious becuase in NO religious book does it say to go and kill innocent people. You are very arrogant
Reply 62
Original post by CharlesF.Kane
Seems we still have a very long way to go.

of course as long as people like you help the aim of the attacks to succeed by spreading hate.
Original post by Ua3142
I'm a Muslim, and I feel we can do a lot discourage this and build bridges between communities.

Please suggest things which are constructive. Things that will bring communities together, not divide.

suggestions,

mosques can host walk-in clinics where general public can come in discuss and exchange ideas in a non judgmental way.

Unis can hold q&a's hosted by well educated imaams and other community figures. Again, being able to express ones opinion freely (whether you agree or not) is key.

Some sort of charity event. Hosted by Muslim charities, aimed at promoting community integration.

Key thing, is not to get butt hurt and remain open minded. Also, not to jump to the wrong conclusion so hastily.

One thing to keep in mind. It ain't us vs them. Muslim vs non Muslim. We in this together. Let's not divide.

Bomb their countries.
Reply 64
Original post by Adzbambo
that just sounds so dumb.... terrorists arent religious becuase in NO religious book does it say to go and kill innocent people. You are very arrogant

What i said might hurt but you are in serious denial.

Are you muslim? Do you even know your own religion? Have you read the Quran?
(edited 6 years ago)

Depends what you mean by "innocent".

If you think that fornicators, adulterers, apostates, those that criticise the religion, those that do not believe in God, those that profane against God, or those that engage in gay sex are innocent then I can certainly point to a couple of very famous religious texts that would seem to show that you are talking complete crap.
Original post by Legendary Quest
You don't consider them as Muslims but they identify as Muslims so the 'they aren't true Muslims' argument doesn't do anything to make the situation better. They probably don't consider you as a true Muslims either.

We need to explore the reasons behind one deciding to follow an extremist interpretation of the religion and use that to prevent vulnerable people from falling into this trap.

Mosques are a good place to start. You'd be surprised if you heard some of the nonsense they preach.

I go to the mosque everyday and all I hear is condemnation of these attacks.

You really to stop reading anti-muslim propaganda and speak to real muslims who will tell you this is not our name.
Reply 67
Original post by devils18

You really to stop reading anti-muslim propaganda and speak to real muslims who will tell you this is not our name.

I've met many who have no sympathy during these attacks and even believe that a caliphate should be set. All they do is care about the name of Islam and Muslims, they don't want these attacks to stop they just say the attackers aren't Muslims.

It goes both ways.
Original post by devils18

Oh wow, you go to the mosque everyday and all you hear is condemnation. Wow that's amazing.

Ever thought that they may be other mosques around your area that preach hate? And your mosque isn't the representative of all mosques, the same way one terrorist isn't the representation of all muslims.
Reply 69
Again...This thread was meant to be constructive. Read the first post please.
Thanks.
Original post by HAnwar
What can non Muslims do to prevent attacks other non Muslims carry out?

Non muslims are not an ideological group.

That is objectively wrong.

Original post by Ua3142

One thing to keep in mind. It ain't us vs them. Muslim vs non Muslim. We in this together. Let's not divide.

Completely agree. We all need to be a part of this, but I think the Muslim community is in the best position to do the most to prevent Islamic Radicalization. On a personal level, being able to give good theological arguments to convince a fellow Muslim that has been looking into extremist material that it would be against Allah's wishes.
Reply 72
Original post by 153624756
In the ground.

Hahahahaha.... so funny(!) :colonhash:
Reply 73
It's a flawless plan.

Not really.
Well, there are nearly 2 billion Muslims so 1/4 of the world population would be gone and that would cause a hella issues with employment etc. and also you would need a lot of space to bury us and also burying us alive is a cool idea but if your going to make sure we're dead, how would you kill us?

And also, do you think our 'executors' would have the balls to kill the elderly or the babies/ children? Oh yeah, what kind of Muslims are you going to put under the ground? Sunni/Shiah .... or all? I think all because we're all pretty evil people.

I'm just asking for details so I know specifically how "my people" and I die.
Reply 74
Only the ones in Britain, and only if they refuse to leave. Same way Hitler gassed the Jews once his plan to send them to Madagascar became nonviable.

Ok, at least I know how I'm going to die.
Actually madagscar is a nice place to go, free ticket there like yessss boi. S*** gon' be lit af. Party every night.
Reply 75
Like **** you'd be going there, the government won't even fix potholes never mind ship 2 million to a far off Island. The obvious solution is to just concentrate them into camps, sell all of their property (to cover expenses) and dump them all in Morocco (because it is closer and an Islamic country). That itself would be enough. Or just offer monetary incentives to return to whatever shithole their families came from to begin with. Or release potent diseases (e.g. anthrax or Plague) in areas that are majority Muslim and then quarantine them.. Introduce mandatory check ups by your GP, then secretly sterilise them with X-rays under the table. The possibilities are endless.

B**** wtfaaaack...
You sound like a f***ing extremist Muslim, bloody hell. That's ****ing messed up mate. I think I might honestly report you for extremist views boi, you need to be locked up thinking it is okay to do that to 1/4 of the population. I was getting excited then- I thought I was going to Madagascar, sure you can't arrange that instead homie?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What people in other countries believe is irrelevant, just as the Bible Belt in the USA is quite religious despite them reading from the same Bible that the pretty non-religious Christians of Europe do.

It's not necessarily a case of changing the Quran, but how the violent parts are viewed and how the Quran is seen.

If you had the unfortunate task of meeting people who held extremist views like I had many years ago, it becomes less about interpretation of Qur'an and hadiths - but their sheer hate of the west due to their intervention in Muslim countries.

There is violence in all religions in some form, but there is no violence against innocents in any of them (except collateral damage).

These guys (including Osama) brand everyone as not innocent in the west - but this thought process is not from religion. When Osama said that 9/11 victims were not innocent because they were tax payers, this wasn't something he conjured from scriptures - the verse you guys use to say is taken out of context by some, even Osama isn't dumb enough to believe that, he know's the historical context of these verses.

Even in hadiths, when the Prophet (saw) had battles with tribes, he ordered that only perpetrators are within scope, not just anyone who is linked to them willy nilly.

The only thing in scriptures that they use is that one has the right to defend themselves from oppression, even be it physically. However this is quite a universal thought process even outside religion.

This is why, there is nothing you can change in the Qur'an to make these extremists no longer exist - because what makes them like that (identifying who deserves to die) is the complete independent thought of individuals which they didn't derive from religion - but was required for their ambitious plans.

As one of the parents of a victim recently said, if not religion, these people would have cited anything else to excuse their crimes.

They need to use religion as a tool to garner support and recruit. However, none of them are inspired by texts (in my honest opinion).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 77
Did Muslims grow from 5% to 25% overnight?

Would if I could. Alternative solution would be to pollute the air until Britain gets warmer, the side effects of the global warming being millions of deaths in third world countries (actually sounds like a good idea now).

That's just ****ing messed. Sure your not a terrorist yourself?

Do you think humans can grow from 5 - 25% in a night. Obviously not. Muslims make up 25% of the worldly population and to be accurate I researched it is actually 24%. You go ahead and pollute my dear friend, this will be sure to affect your ass as we depend on the people form third world country for cheap labour ( I personally don't but that's how sick- minded businesses work today.)

Can you just re-iterate. You would definitely murder 2 billion people?

And, just saying, the beaches in Morroco look pretty good.

Can you get a cruise for me too?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 78
I want to delete this thread mods. This is not what I wanted. People are stupid.
Reply 79
[QUOTE="153624756;71891654"]
Original post by Quava
That's just ****ing messed. Sure your not a terrorist yourself?

Do you think humans can grow from 5 - 25% in a night. Obviously not. Muslims make up 25% of the worldly population and to be accurate I researched it is actually 24%. You go ahead and pollute my dear friend, this will be sure to affect your ass as we depend on the people form third world country for cheap labour ( I personally don't but that's how sick- minded businesses work today.)

Can you just re-iterate. You would definitely murder 2 billion people?

And, just saying, the beaches in Morroco look pretty good.

I'll clarify, I was talking about the Muslims in the UK, who number around 5%. Your stupidity, and question dodging, is typical of young Muslims in the UK. You can tell by the structure of my comments that I wasn't seriously advocating pollution. The things I do seriously support include a nationalistic, and partially-Isolationist policy. So morally this would be better for Third world people than the current situation, since they could focus on feeding themselves rather than working in sweatshops. And we could make jobs for ourselves, and reduce unemployment here, and pay decent wages to our own people.

In truth I don't actually care where you go, as long as it is out of my country and out of Europe. No I would not kill 2 billion people, I would just deport the 2 million here (and however many there are in Mainland Europe) to the middle east. But I would support a gradual reduction in the number of Muslims worldwide through more moderate methods or secularisation.

I'm not really question dodging am I? You said 'all the Muslims.' But ayo just the UK Muslims... o.k. then if that's what you want to change it to.

And 'my' country. Not really your country is it. I live here as a proud Muslim Brit and boy I ain't moving anywhere. And to think how selfish you are to just care about yourself and not the other humans in the world. Morally, you are wrong. And to your own people- the human race is your people.

Wait, it is true that ppl with similar mindsets to you hate Islam because it is oppressive and causes deaths in 'your country'- well tbh that is oppressive and disgusting.

Oh and to deport all the Muslims to the Middle East would be ignorant and foolish. Not all Muslims 'originate' from the Middle East and there are English/ European Muslims too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending