The Student Room Group

Guy I'm seeing doesn't want to mention me to his friends

So basically I told the guy I'm dating that I don't like the awkwardness of relationships and them being so public, we aren't official btw but seeing each other for now. So he said to me that he won't tell his friends about me and told me to not tell my friends about him... I don't know why it just sounds dodgy to me. Does it mean he doesn't like me much? how does he expect me to keep me and him a secret... I'm baffled
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I told the guy I'm dating that I don't like the awkwardness of relationships and them being so public, we aren't official btw but seeing each other for now. So he said to me that he won't tell his friends about me and told me to not tell my friends about him... I don't know why it just sounds dodgy to me. Does it mean he doesn't like me much? how does he expect me to keep me and him a secret... I'm baffled

i thought u said u didn't like them being public tho
Reply 2
Original post by Nik12
i thought u said u didn't like them being public tho

I didn't mean don't tell friends type of public. I thought telling some close friends is fine. I actually meant I didn't like showcasing it and holding hands out etc. I'd tell him this but he's too over the moon with me to even listen to what im saying. That's what I don't get, he's so excited to be with me but he doesn't want to mention me to his mates...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't mean don't tell friends type of public. I thought telling some close friends is fine. I actually meant I didn't like showcasing it and holding hands out etc. I'd tell him this but he's too over the moon with me to even listen to what im saying. That's what I don't get, he's so excited to be with me but he doesn't want to mention me to his mates...

maybe he got the wrong idea? try talking to him about it (say how you really wanna tell your close friends about him)
Reply 4
so first you tell your boyfriend to keep your relationship a secret, but then you get insecure when he listens to you. Read your post again and see how you're contradicting yourself
Reply 5
Original post by Nik12
maybe he got the wrong idea? try talking to him about it (say how you really wanna tell your close friends about him)

I don't know maybe. I messaged him just now hopefully he'll understand.
Reply 6
Original post by sky104
so first you tell your boyfriend to keep your relationship a secret, but then you get insecure when he listens to you. Read your post again and see how you're contradicting yourself

I know but he's being shady

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending