zaraame16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What do you think would be the predictions tomorrow?
I personally think low turnout, or something related to turnout would be a 10 marker, and apparently referendums would be the 25
BenK64
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think 25 marker will be voting behaviour and for topic 1 and referendums for topic 2.
zaraame16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by benkika64)
i think 25 marker will be voting behaviour and for topic 1 and referendums for topic 2.
I don't even know the statistics demographic for Brexit and I wouldn't quite know what to say except the advantages and disadvantages, what would you write
and voting behaviour as in sociological model and rational choice model or age, or what haha
htkta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Turnout was a 5 marker a few years ago, but I'd be so happy if it were to come up again!! I think they'll (hopefully) include voting behaviour as a 25 marker because I think they'll be looking for knowledge on the current election campaign!
htkta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zaraame16)
I don't even know the statistics demographic for Brexit and I wouldn't quite know what to say except the advantages and disadvantages, what would you write
and voting behaviour as in sociological model and rational choice model or age, or what haha

Turnout was 72%, 52% voted to leave and 48% voted to remain - you probably don't have to know much more than that in terms of stats. You could talk about how the referendum itself led to other problems - i.e. political uncertainty, high court ruling and the snap election (kinda)

And for voting behaviour I think you'll have to compare primacy and recency factors - so the sociological/social structures model: age, gender, class, ethnicity, region VS partisan de-alignment, rational choice model, the media, party leadership, party image and reputation, current events etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (86)
68.8%
No I haven't decided yet (23)
18.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.8%

Watched Threads