mk_cbc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
A train is timed between successive posts A, B and C, each 2000 m apart. It takes 100 seconds to travel from A to B and 150 seconds to travel from B to C. The ******ation throughout the journey is uniform.
The magnitude of the ******ation is...
Okay so i know you have to set up simultaneous equations but I dont understand why you use the equation s=vt-1/2at^2 for a to b and s=ut+1/2at^2 for b to c. why are we using the final velocity for the first part and the inital velocity for the second part. please explain. Thank you.
mk_cbc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
please help
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mk_cbc)
A train is timed between successive posts A, B and C, each 2000 m apart. It takes 100 seconds to travel from A to B and 150 seconds to travel from B to C. The ******ation throughout the journey is uniform.
Okay so i know you have to set up simultaneous equations but I dont understand why you use the equation s=vt-1/2at^2 for a to b and s=ut+1/2at^2 for b to c. why are we using the final velocity for the first part and the inital velocity for the second part. please explain. Thank you.
The final velocity for the first part is equal to the initial velocity for the second part. So you can form two equations; the first one in v and the second one in u. Make v or u the subject of each equation, then set the other sides (the ones with a) equal to each other since you know v and u are the same.
elliecoonan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A train is timed between successive posts A, B and C, each 2000 m apart. It takes 100 seconds to travel from A to B and 150 seconds to travel from B to C. The acceleration throughout the journey is uniform.What is the acceleration?
elliecoonan
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A train is timed between successive posts A, B and C, each 2000 m apart. It takes 100 seconds to travel from A to B and 150 seconds to travel from B to C. The acceleration throughout the journey is uniform.

What is the acceleration? Answer
elliecoonan
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
A train is timed between successive posts A, B and C, each 2000 m apart. It takes 100 seconds to travel from A to B and 150 seconds to travel from B to C. The acceleration throughout the journey is uniform.

Find the velocity of the train at B.
HS_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by mk_cbc)
can u post your working?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed