The Student Room Group

Prime Minister announces 4-point plan for combating terrorism

Scroll to see replies

She's onto something with point one. Weird interpretations of Islam is a pretty obvious common factor and disregarding it would be dumb. Her solution wasn't really a solution tho.

Point 2 is just a blatant opportunistic plug of the most stupid part of the conservative manifesto. Any terrorist with sense is just gonna learn to work with a VPN.

Point 3 is rather vague but I suppose if she tried to expand upon it somebody would end up saying it was Islamophobic or something

4th point was vague again but nothing bad I suppose.

Overall 5/10

Original post by Ladbants

Nice to see such a detailed response rather than just the old "This is tragic, nothing will change us. We must live our lives as normal" rhetoric we get from other leaders.

She said "we must live our lives as we normally would" in the fourth point lmao.
Original post by r3035
Autistic people are isolated in society.

Why aren't they blowing up stuff ?

Well that isn't true as I know many who are married........:curious:

But I'll humour you anyway;
Because autistic folks don't all live together in isolation from the rest of society and belong to groups advocating ways of wiping out everyone who isn't autistic or condemning those who are not autistic.
Reply 22
Original post by Retired_Messiah
She's onto something with point one. Weird interpretations of Islam is a pretty obvious common factor and disregarding it would be dumb. Her solution wasn't really a solution tho.

Point 2 is just a blatant opportunistic plug of the most stupid part of the conservative manifesto. Any terrorist with sense is just gonna learn to work with a VPN.

Point 3 is rather vague but I suppose if she tried to expand upon it somebody would end up saying it was Islamophobic or something

4th point was vague again but nothing bad I suppose.

Overall 5/10

She said "we must live our lives as we normally would" in the fourth point lmao.

Can't we just ban VPNs?
Reply 23
Original post by r3035
Autistic people are isolated in society.

Why aren't they blowing up stuff ?

I'm autistic and I wouldn't say I'm isolated. No need for this sort of comment.
Original post by Ladbants
Can't we just ban VPNs?

If you wanted to be a massive **** then sure, in theory.

In practice I doubt you'd be able to get rid of them
Original post by desaf1
Anyone can say they do things because of Islam. Someone could kill people in the name of McDoanlds but that doesn't make McDonalds responsible.

If one person yells McDonalds than no, when 30000 people yell that when they do suicide attacks than yes. Something is wrong with the food from McDonalds. Its causes people to do suicide attacks.
"Enough is enough" says the PM who was in charge of this area for the past 7 years, suggesting Manchester and the threat before wasn't quite 'enough'.

Sets out a four-point plan, suggesting she previously hadn't planned for this. Politics is always dealing with problems after they arise, rather than wasting money on prevention.

Good job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending