The Student Room Group

How long do you spend revising?

For an A Level student on study leave, I was just wondering how long you all spend revising each day? I try to 6 hours minimum, but then I get stressed if I do less, but I feel that's unhealthy. But then I also feel like I have wasted the day not doing revision. Just interested to see what you guys do!
Reply 1
Original post by Pan221
For an A Level student on study leave, I was just wondering how long you all spend revising each day? I try to 6 hours minimum, but then I get stressed if I do less, but I feel that's unhealthy. But then I also feel like I have wasted the day not doing revision. Just interested to see what you guys do!

At A-Level I was doing 4-6 hours a day if I was really up for it. That's excluding practice papers though.
None most days, sometimes I'll do 3-4 hours straight of a random topic though.
I'm doing at least three hours a day, split into chunk of 30-60 minutes depending on the topic. I'll do 3 days of this then have a day when I only do like an hour and a half or so.
Reply 4
I spent all day revising - usually papers in morning then notes afternoon
Original post by Pan221

Hey :smile:

When I was studying for my A-level's, I was doing around 3-4 hours per day.
Doing small bursts of revision can be really helpful - so you could try doing 30 minutes each time and then having a break.
Don't feel like you have wasted a day when you've not done revision, as these days off can help with your concentration and lower your stress levels!
By the sounds of it, you're putting in enough work, so try not to worry and try to incorporate some more breaks!

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending