Do I need arms race figures for GCSE History? Watch
I don't know whether it will make a different for tomorrow if I memorise the increase in arms etc...
Edit: Lol i didnt even read the question. It would be useful to have arms race figures yes...
- The USSR tested their first A-bomb on 1949.
- USA detonated their first H-bomb on 1952
- USSR detonated their first H-bomb on 1953
- Sputnik was launched into space on 1957
- USSR sent the first man on the moon on 1961
- Kennedy spent $207 million on fallout shelters in 1961
- Kennedy added $3.2 billion to the defence budget in 1961
- By 1961, America had 20x the nukes that Russia did.
That's all i got. Sorry, isn't much :/