Any predictions for GCSE Computer Science in 7th June 2017

Watch
hanikaka
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anybody got any predictions for what will come up in the exam on 7th june 2017 for computer science
hanikaka
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
definitely data representation (some bin to hex or hex to bin conversion). Surely something about errors and what they are. Something about network topologies (maybe pros/cons) and something about SDLC ofc and maybe something about how optical or magnetic or solid state media store data becuase that is always asked. Im not sure tho.
bqrs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its very hard to predict anything for Computer Science because there have only been two exam sessions. Your best bet: revise everything. Good luck, btw
jake.russell1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think there might be something on servers and networks. There will definitely be data representation and definitely SQL as well. I think there might be quite a lot on computer hardware as well. As previously said though, there have only been two exam sessions so it is probably best to revise everything! Good luck.
ASTROWRLD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hanikaka)
definitely data representation (some bin to hex or hex to bin conversion). Surely something about errors and what they are. Something about network topologies (maybe pros/cons) and something about SDLC ofc and maybe something about how optical or magnetic or solid state media store data becuase that is always asked. Im not sure tho.
What exam board is that? Never heard of SDLC.
jake.russell1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WagwanPIFFTING)
What exam board is that? Never heard of SDLC.
It's Software Developement Life Cycle. All the stuff like waterfall model, spiral model, etc.
chicken123456789
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone doing OCR? Last year was only 53/80 for an A* so should be fine
ASTROWRLD
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chicken123456789)
Anyone doing OCR? Last year was only 53/80 for an A* so should be fine
Yes I'm doing OCR, it was literally half marks for an A last year, think it's because most of the teachers are bad :P ...
chicken123456789
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WagwanPIFFTING)
Yes I'm doing OCR, it was literally half marks for an A last year, think it's because most of the teachers are bad :P ...
Definitely. Got 67/80 in the mock and learnt 60% of the syllabus from revision
TheMightyBadger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hanikaka)
Yes. Last year of this spec and magnetic media and solid state storage have never come up.
TheMightyBadger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jake.russell1)
It's System Developement Life Cycle. All the stuff like waterfall model, spiral model, etc.
*Software Development Life Cycle.
Angus CSPhy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anything you don't want to come up, will 100% come up. Revise for the worst then bask in the fact you will do better that everybody else.
bqrs
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just finished the exam; It was good. The only thing that was hard was the breadth first search tree.

How did everyone else find it?
jake.russell1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did everyone find the exam for AQA?
Queenie123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bqrs)
Just finished the exam; It was good. The only thing that was hard was the breadth first search tree.

How did everyone else find it?
Did you do Edexcel? I found it so nice! Much easier than previous years Although I think the grade boundaries would be really high :/ For the breadth first search tree, I think you just had to go across each row from left to right until you found 30 xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (324)
56.15%
I don't have everything I need (253)
43.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise