annonomus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello I'm currently in year 10 and i'm wondering whether or not revision guides are effective or not and I'm unsure whether or not to buy some. I've heard many varying opinions but i find it so difficult to revise from the thick textbooks due to their being so much. Are the revision guides effective?If not how would you recommend revising from the core textbooks?
username2803872
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends on the person but if you were going to use your big textbook then I would make notes from that and add to it from the specification and add extra detail with the textbook if necessary. For a CGP guide what I do is copy out again and again until it sticks.
Shadowfire123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annonomus)
Hello I'm currently in year 10 and i'm wondering whether or not revision guides are effective or not and I'm unsure whether or not to buy some. I've heard many varying opinions but i find it so difficult to revise from the thick textbooks due to their being so much. Are the revision guides effective?If not how would you recommend revising from the core textbooks?
Yes they are really effective for example for my GCSE sciences I used the CGP really helpful

The guides is a easier way to memorise I'm doing A2 and I am using CGP books for Chemistry and Physics

I have been using CGP since year 6 for 9 years
Sanjith Hegde123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes
BarcaFTW05
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
not even joking, CGP sciences will help you pass your exams single-handedly. Way better than any of the notes my teacher gave us, or any notes I got from the bigger textbooks (a lot of the stuff in those is irrelevant)
violeta23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They're amazing at GCSE. They're all you need. I got an A* in GCSE Chemistry and Biology teaching myself just using the CGP Guide.

For A Levels? it's not enough though
DavoGCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annonomus)
They are ****ing incredible, wayyyyyy better than textbooks as they use the specification so have all required info but no extra. I ONLY revised for triple science IGCSE's this year (and maths) using them and I should (fingers crossed) get A*s in them all, in the mocks my science average was above 90%
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (21)
15.67%
No one else does (48)
35.82%
I'm embarrassed about my background (15)
11.19%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (42)
31.34%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.49%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
2.99%

Watched Threads