The Student Room Group

2017 AQA Classical Civilisation A2 (Aeneid + Persian Wars)

Is anybody doing both (or one I suppose) of these modules? How are you feeling about the exams?
Original post by josaltzman
Is anybody doing both (or one I suppose) of these modules? How are you feeling about the exams?

I'm doing both these exams, feeling a lit better about Aeneid, less picky details to remember.
Reply 2
Original post by GeorgiaR14
I'm doing both these exams, feeling a lit better about Aeneid, less picky details to remember.

Ah, same here!! I'm feeling relatively alright about the Aeneid, and I like it so much more! Any predictions? I'm guessing maybe Book 5 or 12... maybe Turnus or women?? Could be wrong though :biggrin:

I'm dreading Friday's exam. I like the texts but I feel like there's so much stuff to remember for Herodotus that I just can't do it :frown: Aeschylus I feel much better about, so I'm 90% sure I'll pick the Aeschylus questions. How about you?
Ah, same here!! I'm feeling relatively alright about the Aeneid, and I like it so much more! Any predictions? I'm guessing maybe Book 5 or 12... maybe Turnus or women?? Could be wrong though :biggrin:

I'm dreading Friday's exam. I like the texts but I feel like there's so much stuff to remember for Herodotus that I just can't do it :frown: Aeschylus I feel much better about, so I'm 90% sure I'll pick the Aeschylus questions. How about you?

For the mock papers I have gone for Aeschylus every time, the head examiner apparently really likes Aeschylus anyway. Just got to remember to link back to the audience and the way theatre was back then.

My teacher seems to think it'll be questions similar to early 2000 papers, 2004 etc.
Reply 4
For the mock papers I have gone for Aeschylus every time, the head examiner apparently really likes Aeschylus anyway. Just got to remember to link back to the audience and the way theatre was back then.

My teacher seems to think it'll be questions similar to early 2000 papers, 2004 etc.

ah, really?? that's good then! and my teacher said the same. he gave us the old specs and stuff so i planned all of those but i still feel so unprepared! i definitely need to remember to include a lot of theatre stuff :biggrin: good luck!!
Reply 5

do you have to put context in 20 markers?? i put quite a lot in my 40 but only the briefest mention in the 20 :frown:
do you have to put context in 20 markers?? i put quite a lot in my 40 but only the briefest mention in the 20 :frown:

Sorry I haven't been online in soo long, context isn't really marked in 20 markers, you'll be fine :smile: This wait for results is killing me!!!

Quick Reply