New ear piercing problem

Watch
MochiBear95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yesterday I got my helix pierced but today I noticed that the back has fell out. Should I sterilise the back and put it on again??
How would I sterilise it ?
Lucky10
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MochiBear95)
Yesterday I got my helix pierced but today I noticed that the back has fell out. Should I sterilise the back and put it on again??
I think you should go back and have a look at
MochiBear95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucky10)
I think you should go back and have a look at
The only problem is I won't be able to go back for a few days at least
Lucky10
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The only problem is I won't be able to go back for a few days at least
Potentially get it checked out
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How would I sterilise it ?
Fell out or off? If you think you can get it back on without causing any damage, try it. Obviously sterilise first and make sure your hands are clean and everything
MochiBear95
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
Fell out or off? If you think you can get it back on without causing any damage, try it. Obviously sterilise first and make sure your hands are clean and everything
fell off
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What kind of jewellery is it? Perhaps get it changed to a threaded labret bar or similar if its one of those awful butterfly back studs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MochiBear95
Rep:
?
(Original post by myblueheaven339)
What kind of jewellery is it? Perhaps get it changed to a threaded labret bar or similar if its one of those awful butterfly back studs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a butterfly back stud
AmeliaLost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Boil water, chuck lots of salt in, put the back in for 5-10 minutes, put it back on your stud. If the entire thing fell out do the same thing with the whole stud. Easy. I have my helix pierced too.
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would recommend seeing a piercer and changing the jewellery, particularly if the back keeps falling off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AishaAsad.90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just get one yourself. In the first week my artificial jewellery kept irritating me and I pulled it out 3 times and my hands were always clean. My ear in fact did swell and went red. And it still hurts when but I put a real gold one in because silver jewellery doesn't suit my skin. I've got a slightly big hoop with is healing the piercing itself and the swelling has gone down rapidly just by keeping my piercing clean and daily soaking my ear with salt and water.

Dont worry too much lol. Industrial is more painful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AishaAsad.90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't know why piercers use butterfly studs. It's sort of painful in the first week. And they should use lose jewellery than tight ones so it heals quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise