2:2 in second year now graduating with a 2:1 ama Watch

Lucyrosie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This time last year I was distraught, I had reciviced my exam results and found that I had got a 2:2 for my second year. I was so upset, there'd be no grad jobs for me if I graduated with a 2:2. I frantically searched to find any success stories but only found a few.

But now I'm graduating with 2:1 I bloody did it , so anyone who has any questions ask away I'm happy to give any advice.
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lucyrosie)
This time last year I was distraught, I had reciviced my exam results and found that I had got a 2:2 for my second year. I was so upset, there'd be no grad jobs for me if I graduated with a 2:2. I frantically searched to find any success stories but only found a few.

But now I'm graduating with 2:1 I bloody did it , so anyone who has any questions ask away I'm happy to give any advice.
i got 48% percent in second year

i want to graduate with a 2.1, what can i do?
AGBF
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what degree do you do
what institution?
eden3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
did you re-sit any exams from 2nd year?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's the difference between a degree and GCSEs?
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Certainly.

What does this have to do with the topic of GCSEs?
Drez999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

2:1 is good = well done

Do you rate lemon curd above lemon marmalade?
Lucyrosie
Rep:
?
(Original post by study beats)
i got 48% percent in second year

i want to graduate with a 2.1, what can i do?
Firstly you need to believe in yourself aim for first in everything, in my second year I'd just aim for a 2:1 which meant that I mostly achieved 2:2s for everything.

Secondly organise your time effectively, every second counts,I spent everyday going over my work in the library so I wasn't ever behind. You can't do this if your not organised.

Thirdly ask your lecturers for help if you don't understand anything this is important. They are there to help go to see them in there office hours no question is silly.
Huai
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Are you unemployed and living back at home with your parents?
Lucyrosie
Rep:
?
(Original post by zayn008)
What's the difference between a degree and GCSEs?
Yeah I realise that I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. Anyone know how to change it ?
MajorFader
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I realise that I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. Anyone know how to change it ?
What degree subject? What a levels did you do?
Lucyrosie
Rep:
?
(Original post by AGBF)
what degree do you do
what institution?
Did politics and economics and went to a university in London that required me to get A's at a level.
Michiyo
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You ask the TSR support team members.

What are your best tips for what to do and what not to do during your degree? Focusing on the academic part.
Lucyrosie
Rep:
?
(Original post by MajorFader)
What degree subject? What a levels did you do?
Studied Politics and economics at degree level.

For a levels I did maths economics and sociology
Coolerthanapples
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did politics and economics and went to a university in London that required me to get A's at a level.
How hard is it to get a 2:1 if you study from the start? Also was your course very maths based?
MajorFader
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Studied Politics and economics at degree level.

For a levels I did maths economics and sociology
Why did you pick a joint honours with a course you had not studied before? Did you apply for ecomics and politics everywhere else?
.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What jobs you looking at getting when you graduate?
Lucyrosie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Michiyo)

What are your best tips for what to do and what not to do during your degree? Focusing on the academic part.
see your lectures regularly, ask them how can you get a first or 100 per cent.If your doing an essay based subject like me I think it's important you learn how to structure your work properly once you know that everything becomes easier

Be organised set yourself a target each week so you can keep on top of everything.

Make sure you sleep and take care of your health.
Michiyo
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
see your lectures regularly, ask them how can you get a first or 100 per cent.If your doing an essay based subject like me I think it's important you learn how to structure your work properly once you know that everything becomes easier

Be organised set yourself a target each week so you can keep on top of everything.

Make sure you sleep and take care of your health.
Thank you :hugs:

I will be studying International Relations and Strategy and International Security with Japanese. Close enough to politics, I think

Speaking of politics, what books do you recommend?
Lucyrosie
Rep:
?
Forget to say what not to do.

Don't leave everything to the last minute

Don't aim for a 2:1 because then there's a chance you could get a 2:2

Only hand in work or go to an exam when you know you revised/prepared to thr best of your ability.

If you have a part time job and it's getting in the way quit, they ain't gonna do much for you in the long run.

Don't cram or do all nighters they don't work

(Original post by Michiyo)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.56%
Excited (156)
9.15%
Worried (306)
17.96%
Terrified (379)
22.24%
Meh (165)
9.68%
Confused (37)
2.17%