The Student Room Group

GCSE History AQA Paper 1 Discussion

How did you find the paper today? Which topics did you do?

I did the Origins of WW1, Peacekeeping and the League of Nations, and Hitler's Foreign Policy.

Scroll to see replies

i did those too.... except i answered the cold war questions instead. will i still get the marks?
Original post by s4b3rt00th
i did those too.... except i answered the cold war questions instead. will i still get the marks?

Lmao, if you have been learning about the Cold War for the last few years then you should be in a safe position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

You mean you answered the cold war questions even though you studied other questions in class? Or that you've studied the cold war questions in class, and that's why you answered them?
Original post by mirlotta
You mean you answered the cold war questions even though you studied other questions in class?

this.
this.

Why would you do that ?
this.

Are you a dumba$$, no offence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This History B?

I did all three Cold War topics. What did people write for the six marker in Crises of the Cold War?(the one about failure of Détente)
Original post by Moltenmo
Are you a dumba$$, no offence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'll find out on result's day.

I did the Origins of WW1, Peacekeeping and the League of Nations, and Hitler's Foreign Policy.

same as you; have to wait and see though cause History is very subjective. think it went ok; managed to squeeze in points during the end
Original post by Accio_Cake
This History B?

I did all three Cold War topics. What did people write for the six marker in Crises of the Cold War?(the one about failure of Détente)

i talked about ussr invasion of afghanistan reason for end of detente
other view: carter not as innocent as seems (shown by bibles) - USA had been funding mujahidin since early 1979. Other people wrote about the US reaction the invasion such as the not ratifying of salt 2
Original post by thesamthomas
other view: carter not as innocent as seems (shown by bibles) - USA had been funding mujahidin since early 1979. Other people wrote about the US reaction the invasion such as the not ratifying of salt 2

What about the renewal of the cold war by Reagen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was wondering- could you view the gaol bird cartoon as the 3 leaders relieving peace and creating peace?
Do they allow a varied interpretation of the source
If that was a false interpretation, and yet I expanded on it by talking of harsh British public attitudes to Germany, and so it was a paper selling copies to a nationalistic audience- how many marks would they allow for good elaboration on 'false interpretation' ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

that six marker was in crises of the cold war section though and reagan is in end of cold war and post cold war world
Original post by thesamthomas

I wrote pretty much the exact same thing as you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reagan came to power in 1980 and I think the question asked specifically about the 1970s.
I had 45 minutes spare thinking I'd done all my questions turn out I missed the Cold War origins 10 marker and had to do it in 3 minutes

:adore:I can only pray

I did the exact same topics today! The paper was fine and I knew my content very well. However I nearly ran out of time, so I rushed the Hitler Foreign policy topic slightly. I broke my hand so I had to dictate my answer to my my scribe and that took time, even with 50% extra time. I was extremely confident in the first two topics, and I hope I did ok in the last topic. Hoping for at least an A in this paper or A* if possible. I also hope the grade boundaries are lower that last year.
(edited 6 years ago)
this.

Unlucky! Well, I mean even you if you studies different topics, you can still answer the Cold War section if you a familar with it. You were meant to study 3 consecutive topics, but you are allowed to choose in the actual exam. But you should have really done the sections you studies because now you have put 20 marks at risk. You will just have to hope that you other sections are like full marks.
I did Medicine through Time and Germany. Wasn't too bad; a few tricky questions but I think I did well.

Quick Reply

Latest