AS level AQA Gov & Politics exam 05/06/17 Watch

p0l
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Starting a thread so that people can discuss their answers to this years first AS politics exam. Only have the voting behaviour & electoral systems questions but feel free to add others!
Voting behaviour=
-Define the term 'safe seat' (5)
-Explain why turnout varies between constituencies at general elections (10)
-'Voting behaviour is determined by the personality of the people running rather than their policies.' Discuss (25)

Electoral systems=
-Define 'representative democracy' (5)
-Identify & explain two reasons why they chose to hold the Brexit referendum (10)
-'Referendums in the UK since 1975 have done little to enhance democracy.' Discuss (25)

Not exact wording but you get the idea. Also any predictions for the June 8 exam would be useful!
embarry27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wrote a lot about party leaders for the voting behaviour 25 marker... Mentioned 2010 TV debate, May refusing to do TV debate, Conservative manifesto dementia tax. Argued that whilst policies are still very important, personality of those seeking office has increased in importance.

Referendum 25 marker I spoke about how referendum for devolution had given more opportunities for Welsh and Scottish ministers to make decisions affecting their constituents but that it has lead to WLQ and that Westminster still had reserved powers. Therefore it has enhanced democracy to some extent. Also used turnout stats to note how people are given the power to make decisions (e.g. Brexit) and therefore it has enhanced democracy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.16%
No, but I want to start (137)
36.05%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.63%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.16%