The Student Room Group

edexcel A2 history 9th/16th/21st 2017 OFFICIAL EXAM THREAD

For all routes but in particular route G. (http://asedexcelhistoryblog.blogspot.co.uk/)
Good luck for your exams

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing route G. So Nazi Germany, Italian Facism, and Ireland and the Union. Currently trying to cram all of the facts I need onto revision cards. Anyone else?
Original post by LauraMacleod579
I'm doing route G. So Nazi Germany, Italian Facism, and Ireland and the Union. Currently trying to cram all of the facts I need onto revision cards. Anyone else?

im trying to do the same with the revision cards
Reply 3
Anyone doing route E?
does anyone have any predictions/essay plans or notes for the Germany 1918-89 or fascist Italy exam 9th and 16th, im freaking out!
Same man - Route G: Germany, Italy and Britain.
I swear I'm so much more nervous about Germany and Italy this year than last year. Our teachers did nothing so I've had to reteach everything myself.
How's everyone else feeling for Friday?
Reply 6
Original post by Gnatt27
Anyone doing route E?

Yeah, not feeling good about the Empire & Warfare paper
Original post by WhitneyHouston
Same man - Route G: Germany, Italy and Britain.
I swear I'm so much more nervous about Germany and Italy this year than last year. Our teachers did nothing so I've had to reteach everything myself.
How's everyone else feeling for Friday?

I'm feeling really quite nervous about Friday especially as it's in the morning! Literally trying to remember the facts at the moment and reading around the subject a little bit, my textbook is full of post it notes and I have around 70 revision cards ahhhh!
Reply 8
Original post by JamesM8
Yeah, not feeling good about the Empire & Warfare paper

Yeah there is so much content. New specimen paper is weird because for the breadth question it has 2 questions that were the role of the population and NOT one from organisation of military. I was under the impression that we would get a choice of 2 questions from two topics not 2 from the same one so I didn't revise role of civilian population. Am I screwed?
Reply 9
Original post by Gnatt27
Yeah there is so much content. New specimen paper is weird because for the breadth question it has 2 questions that were the role of the population and NOT one from organisation of military. I was under the impression that we would get a choice of 2 questions from two topics not 2 from the same one so I didn't revise role of civilian population. Am I screwed?

Yeah you should probably look at the civilian population in breadth, as it will also help you with the depth questions. Also in many ways its easier to talk about. Very limited role up to Boer War when press came into it and WW1 when it was a frenzy.

Wouldn't say you're screwed, I'm giving myself from today to revise for the USSR paper on Friday so you're a lot less screwed than I am :smile:
Original post by LauraMacleod579
I'm feeling really quite nervous about Friday especially as it's in the morning! Literally trying to remember the facts at the moment and reading around the subject a little bit, my textbook is full of post it notes and I have around 70 revision cards ahhhh!

Honestly same, I'm getting so stuck with all the dates, and i always get the parties mixed up with the ones in Italy so I'm scared about that, not bothering on women too much as it came up last year, but focusing more on Nazi economy and then the foreign policy question ahhh screwed
Original post by JamesM8
Yeah you should probably look at the civilian population in breadth, as it will also help you with the depth questions. Also in many ways its easier to talk about. Very limited role up to Boer War when press came into it and WW1 when it was a frenzy.

Wouldn't say you're screwed, I'm giving myself from today to revise for the USSR paper on Friday so you're a lot less screwed than I am :smile:

I'm not going to have enough time to do a lot of revision on it because I plan on starting warfare revision after the GDR paper, but I'll maybe do a few hours of textbook revision as I don't have any notes and hope I don't get a question on it. You say you are starting Russia today? Are you going top revise all 4 topics or are you going to prioritise 3?
Reply 12
Original post by Gnatt27
I'm not going to have enough time to do a lot of revision on it because I plan on starting warfare revision after the GDR paper, but I'll maybe do a few hours of textbook revision as I don't have any notes and hope I don't get a question on it. You say you are starting Russia today? Are you going top revise all 4 topics or are you going to prioritise 3?

Massively prioritising Govt, Economy and Control of people, only doing a v. brief overview of social policies and change in case I get a properly awful choice.

2 social q's came up in the specimen paper, and 2 on the AS paper so unless Edexcel remain stagnant with their papers, should be 1 social q this year.
Original post by WhitneyHouston
Honestly same, I'm getting so stuck with all the dates, and i always get the parties mixed up with the ones in Italy so I'm scared about that, not bothering on women too much as it came up last year, but focusing more on Nazi economy and then the foreign policy question ahhh screwed

My weakness is definitely 1.3 which is the economics stuff; especially anything to do with all FRG or some of the Nazi economy details. I literally can't remember dates or figures!
Original post by JamesM8
Massively prioritising Govt, Economy and Control of people, only doing a v. brief overview of social policies and change in case I get a properly awful choice.

2 social q's came up in the specimen paper, and 2 on the AS paper so unless Edexcel remain stagnant with their papers, should be 1 social q this year.

Ah, I'm going for Economy, Control of the people and Social policies. Do you have any predictions? Women came up last year for social so I may not put as much effort into that and for control it was propaganda from 1917-53 and I think economy was 1953-85.
Reply 15
Original post by Gnatt27
Ah, I'm going for Economy, Control of the people and Social policies. Do you have any predictions? Women came up last year for social so I may not put as much effort into that and for control it was propaganda from 1917-53 and I think economy was 1953-85.

Our teacher said because last year didn't count for anything he wouldn't rule anything out in terms of it coming up again.

No predictions but 'was Stalin as a continuation of Leninism' would be beautiful
anyone doing britain and america
Original post by Gnatt27
Anyone doing route E?

me!!
Original post by Gnatt27
Anyone doing route E?

Me
Original post by Gnatt27
Anyone doing route E?

i am :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest