The Student Room Group

WJEC French AS 2017 Reading Listening and Translation

How did everyone find the French today? Didn't think it was too bad. What answers did everyone get?
I thought the topics seemed easy but the questions were a bit iffy - struggled a bit with the listening, what on earth was that word beginning with p in question 2?! 😂😂
Original post by literaturista
I thought the topics seemed easy but the questions were a bit iffy - struggled a bit with the listening, what on earth was that word beginning with p in question 2?! 😂😂

Is this the old spec? Fn2? I wrote pâques for that
Reply 3
If this is about the resit, love how they had a whole reading text on retaking a school year 😂😂
Reply 4
I wrote Paques as well, and the 5th word was ''âgées" but wasnt sure if it had the accent on the 'a' but luckily they wrote it on the next page. Overall it was a good paper
Original post by Florent venhari
Is this the old spec? Fn2? I wrote pâques for that

Yeah it was FN2, but wasn't I the something about the sun rising?
Original post by Adam914
I wrote Paques as well, and the 5th word was ''âgées" but wasnt sure if it had the accent on the 'a' but luckily they wrote it on the next page. Overall it was a good paper

Yep, this is what i got on that question:

1)Paques (with the circumflex on the a)
2)Reunissent (with the acute accent on the first e)
3)peine
4)rivieres (with the grave accent on the first e)
5)Agees (circumflex on a and acute accent on first e)
Yeah it was FN2, but wasn't I the something about the sun rising?

Oh, you're doing the new spec, right?
No don't think so? We have our FN4 on the 19th
Oh, you're doing the new spec, right?
No don't think so? We have our FN4 on the 19th

What question was about a sun rising? If this was a retake, r u sure that you were doing the correct paper?
What question was about a sun rising? If this was a retake, r u sure that you were doing the correct paper?

Well duh, I'm sure I wouldn't have done the wrong one. It was question 2 , fill in the blanks
Omg it was today :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope you all did well. How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I did the new spec, not the resit. anyone else get confused on the 'Nancy est' question, when it didn't mention Nancy once! Also was confused on the first listening question when it asked us for 6 true things, but i was certain there was only 5...
Original post by tara1999
I did the new spec, not the resit. anyone else get confused on the 'Nancy est' question, when it didn't mention Nancy once! Also was confused on the first listening question when it asked us for 6 true things, but i was certain there was only 5...

I agree here; much of that exam was indeed very trivial. It didn't mention Nancy, but that could be through their inclusion of culture and society in the new spec (i.e. Reference to France or a francophone country...)

I didn't like that listening question at all - very ambiguous. I mean, the listening excerpt said that it was 'for 16-25 years'. So technically, yeah, it is for 20 year olds... but it also isn't for 20 year olds specifically.

Just emphasises the problems with the education system right now!
Reply 15
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I agree here; much of that exam was indeed very trivial. It didn't mention Nancy, but that could be through their inclusion of culture and society in the new spec (i.e. Reference to France or a francophone country...)

I didn't like that listening question at all - very ambiguous. I mean, the listening excerpt said that it was 'for 16-25 years'. So technically, yeah, it is for 20 year olds... but it also isn't for 20 year olds specifically.

Just emphasises the problems with the education system right now!

Yeah it was either a mistake, or that they wanted to include more french culture in the new exam, but i thought that was just for the speaking, not the reading paper :/
oh, i read that question as if it meant it was only for 20 year olds, but you're probably right... in meaning it IS for 20 year olds but not just 20 year olds...

Quick Reply