The Student Room Group

Highest grade for a single paper

So A2 is split into three different final papers for most subjects. Theoretically what is the highest grade you can get for sitting one of the three papers and getting full marks?
Original post by Oaiken
So A2 is split into three different final papers for most subjects. Theoretically what is the highest grade you can get for sitting one of the three papers and getting full marks?

depends on the subject doesn't it, in my chemistry old spec if you had 300/300 in AS then got full marks in the big paper (150 ums) you could get a high B, but in maths you can only get a C even with full marks on one paper (100 ums) and 300/300 in AS
Reply 2
I guess it depends on the exam board too, potentially.
Original post by Oaiken

Original post by Oaiken
I guess it depends on the exam board too, potentially.

It depends how the papers are weighted. If they're all weighted the same and out of 100, like maths is currently, and you got 100 (full marks) in 1 exam and didn't sit the rest (which you'd get zero marks and an X grade for, for non-submission), you'd get 100 out of 300, 33% which would be a U grade overall for A2, as an E grade requires 40% overall.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest