The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeah i'm keeping an open mind at this point in time but i've always been interested in psychiatry so it's a definite possibility for me. but then so is everything else right now. but maybe it's a slight bigger possibility, i dunno
Reply 21
People who want to do psych are crazy consequently, all psychiatrists are stark raving bonkers!
Reply 22
P_Ben21
This is exactly why there is such a shortage of psychiatrists, to quote scrubs "they are the wallmart of medicine" it's not true.

weird. coincidentally that episode's on e4 right now
Reply 23
Renal, that was a bit of a sarcastic and patronizing post?? i was just voicing an opinion.
P_Ben21
Renal, that was a bit of a sarcastic and patronizing post?? i was just voicing an opinion.

That's how we roll in here :wink:
Reply 25
first i've seen!
Reply 26
P_Ben21
first i've seen!
This is the first time you've ventured into 195 isn't it?
Reply 27
ok then....
Renal
This is the first time you've ventured into 195 isn't it?

poor renal.... not feeling the love round here atm are you ;console;
Reply 29
he so is, they want photos of him and everything!
no-one demands photos of me! :motz:
Reply 30
Saffie
no-one demands photos of me! :motz:
I'm sure once we've posted some of you... :colone:
Reply 31
I'm sorry, ill show the love. i see you're at Barts? whats it like? i'm going for an open day soon!
Reply 32
Renal
I'm sure once we've posted some of you... :colone:
oh no you dont!

P_Ben21- its amazing.
Reply 33
would you say better than UCL?? if you have been there? i've heard great things about both
'bright star', i also did my work experience in elderly medicine and it was not 'boring' as i first thought it would be....although it was really sad to see old people suffering:frown: makes you realise whats important.

i have a keen interest in psychaitry ..all that mind boggling malarky:smile:. Mental health probs are just as much present in modern society aswell as the usual phsical health ones. you can still make such a difference to peoples lives-even without performing operations, phsically alleviating their pain etc.
Reply 35
models1catwalk
'bright star', i also did my work experience in elderly medicine and it was not 'boring' as i first thought it would be....although it was really sad to see old people suffering:frown: makes you realise whats important.

i have a keen interest in psychaitry ..all that mind boggling malarky:smile:. Mental health probs are just as much present in modern society aswell as the usual phsical health ones. you can still make such a difference to peoples lives-even without performing operations, phsically alleviating their pain etc.
Thank you for letting us know...

Sometimes I wonder how medicine made me such a cynical **** - then I realise that medicine is just the perfect outlet for my natural talent.
Reply 36
P_Ben21
would you say better than UCL?? if you have been there? i've heard great things about both
I've never been a student at both.

IMO, BL is better but not massively, I suspect that most people who apply to do medicine could be very happy at either.
Reply 37
What year are you Renal?
Reply 38

Latest

Trending

Trending