The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Under_the_pink
Hi all,
Just got allocated St Marks Residences at Leeds uni - to my horror read on the website that its mainly for postgraduates, but rang the office and they said it was rubbish and would soon be updated. Does anyone know anything about these flats? Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks
love
Eleanor

Don't know much about the place, but as far as I can remember (assuming they're where I think they are!) its ridiculously close to uni, which can only be a good thing!

And I might be making this up, but I have a feeling that St Marks has uni and met students there.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hi Eleanor,

Just saw your message on the site and I'm in the same boat. Wanted Henry Price Halls and was gutted when found out been allocated St Marks as thought it was for post graduates as well. Concerned it might be too quiet for my liking. At least that makes two undergraduates there!!!

Hopefully will see u there!
Rach
Reply 3
Thanks DitzyBlond for the reply!

Hi Pink Poppet - glad to hear another undergraduate is going. I was pretty upset at first (having also applied to Henry P) so rang the accomodation office and had a chat with a guy there. He was really helpful and basically told me that the Leeds website needs updating for two reasons..firstly a lot of people don't know yet that although Leeds Met students used to stay in St Marks, as from this year they won't be as the whole block has been taken over by our uni and totally refurbished (which is a plus!) and secondly that the majority of students allocated places there this year are undergraduates and they have put all the postgrads together anyway so I needn't worry. Not sure if he was just trying to be nice but it has reassured me a great deal. At least I know you'll be there! I'm also relieved I am still so near campus, as that was really important to me :smile:

see you there
love
Eleanor
Reply 4
Hola Eleanor,

Thanks for your wee message, it has reassured me more as when I phoned up a wee bit confused got a rather stressed lady, who told me nothing except thats where I was to stay and nothing could be done. I know my first preference was to be near campus and trust me its better as you can hobble into lectures with tea and toast, plus headinley is a really good night out (only know this as live near to leeds). Plus by the sounds like we got the better accom compared to henry p as everyone said its really dingy. Which block are you in. I'm in block J I think (god i sound like a wee jail bird now!)

Take care
Rach :smile:
Reply 5
Under_the_pink
Hi all,
Just got allocated St Marks Residences at Leeds uni - to my horror read on the website that its mainly for postgraduates, but rang the office and they said it was rubbish and would soon be updated. Does anyone know anything about these flats? Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks
love
Eleanor

i'm going there too :biggrin:
i called them as well coz it said the people were mainly quiet, but i'm in a non-quiet block :biggrin: :biggrin:

love Katie

xxx
Reply 6
Thats a few of us then at least! I'm in block K so right near you Pink Poppet - how about you TinyKates?
xxxx
Under_the_pink
Thats a few of us then at least! I'm in block K so right near you Pink Poppet - how about you TinyKates?
xxxx

Hey, sorry my other account got banned, (i'm tinykates) i'm in block L, so i might be near you too :smile:

xxx
Reply 8
Hola,
So that makes three of us nearby. There all better be the louder blocks because I think I might scare the quieter blocks with my ability to talk about rubbish all day long. Prob will meet up on freshers weeks, especially if there are alot of quieter ppl as prob will hear you two.

take care
Rach :biggrin:
Reply 9
woo-hoo!! noisy ppl in the 'quiet' rooms lol seems were gonna have to get this place a new reputation ok? when's everyone moving in?
I'm coming up on the 18th, so will be moving in then! Are you already living there adamg?
xxx
Reply 11
nah, moving in on 18th or 19th but bday is 19th!!!! party anyone????
hola,

Getting there on 18th though it will only be a wee short journey for me as I live near Leeds. All I can say adam is it will be the best time to have your birthday as u have a extra excuse to get doubly drunk. Where is everyone from then?
Think St Marks might get quite a reputation next yr as everyone will think the quiet ones are going to be there, oh how little do they know.

Take care
Rach
Reply 13
Pink Poppet
hola,

Getting there on 18th though it will only be a wee short journey for me as I live near Leeds. All I can say adam is it will be the best time to have your birthday as u have a extra excuse to get doubly drunk. Where is everyone from then?
Think St Marks might get quite a reputation next yr as everyone will think the quiet ones are going to be there, oh how little do they know.

Take care
Rach

Hehehe - yayyyyy party! I'm from Crawley (really near Gatwick Airport, just on the edge of Sussex), about 260 miles from Leeds. :eek:
I'm from Norwich, about 3 1/2 hours from Leeds - party sounds good to me - I'm pissed at the moment so it sounds even better lol!
xxxxxxxxx
Reply 15
north lincs, just over an hour. wow, 260 miles tinykates!!!! your gonna need a stiff drink after that journey :wink: sounds like someone might be able to help you out with that lol
Reply 16
I'm so jealous. I wish I was getting ready to leave for uni!
Reply 17
aww, could you not just pretend.....? :rolleyes:
adamg
north lincs, just over an hour. wow, 260 miles tinykates!!!! your gonna need a stiff drink after that journey :wink: sounds like someone might be able to help you out with that lol

hehe (sorry i'm tinykates - got banned again), yeh i know it's well far!1 but i jus found out this lad in my form is goin, so i can get the train wiv him n stuff. so it's your b'day on the 19th??? cool, do you know what block you're in?
Reply 19
ah cool, thats one good thing. hmph,will have to find the letter with that on. not really bothered anyway coz its near the uni and near(ish) city centre whichever. i plan to make it a gud bday even if it may be hectic!

Latest