The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Media Studies exam wednesday 7th June 2017

I'm really nervous, because media exams are so unpredictable and the grade boundaries are way too scary. Can we please discuss?!
How much have you done for your case study??
Reply 2
Original post by RA12345677
How much have you done for your case study??

a mind map at the most, relying on my knowledge to get me through hahaha! its on the BBC and i feel quite confident with section B I just struggle with section A
Reply 3
Original post by carys99
a mind map at the most, relying on my knowledge to get me through hahaha! its on the BBC and i feel quite confident with section B I just struggle with section A

so section A will have us watching a clip and we will be using S.C.E.M.E right? Answering questions about the clip?
Reply 4
well question 1 in section A you should answer on media concepts and I use M I G R A I N (mise-en scene, institutions, genre, representations, audience, ideologies and narrative), question 2 is about issues and debates where you can bring in more theory and question 3 is based on wider contexts so that's when you bring in examples of other media products. You answer all these questions whilst still referring to the two media products you were shown though.
Reply 5
Original post by carys99
well question 1 in section A you should answer on media concepts and I use M I G R A I N (mise-en scene, institutions, genre, representations, audience, ideologies and narrative), question 2 is about issues and debates where you can bring in more theory and question 3 is based on wider contexts so that's when you bring in examples of other media products. You answer all these questions whilst still referring to the two media products you were shown though.

Thanks! good luck!
How did everyone did on here?

Quick Reply

Latest