Junaid12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys, im stuck on two 25 mark questions and was hoping someone could shed some light to get me started

"Evaluate, using appropriate diagram(s), the usefulness of price elasticity of demand to a firm" [25]

"Evaluate the implications of variations un unit labour costs and labour productivity between fims" [25]

Just a little plan would be more than enough

Appreciate the help
Mo98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Junaid12)
Hi guys, im stuck on two 25 mark questions and was hoping someone could shed some light to get me started

"Evaluate, using appropriate diagram(s), the usefulness of price elasticity of demand to a firm" [25]

"Evaluate the implications of variations un unit labour costs and labour productivity between fims" [25]

Appreciate the help
2nd question- economies of scales- high/low - efficienes. Labour productivity- different mrps- brain drain- incentives- efficiency vs equality Judgement- depends on labour market contestability etc 1st question- ped inelastic - benefit from eco of scales - effiecies Price elastic- lower eco of scales. - efficiencies. Judgement- depends how elastic/inelastic, different objectives, market failure
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Junaid12)

Appreciate the help
How about you post what plan you currently have, so people can help you flesh it out - you'll find people are more willing to give up their time to help you if they can see you've made an effort.
rjw99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1st question is really asking you to express your knowledge of price discrimination, which requires perfect information of elasticity's of demand. Removal of consumer surplus, ability to maximise profits, and so on.Eval. points are that its hard to calculate and expensive to gather information, and that the market structure may not allow price discrimination. Eg, a monopoly power CAN discriminate, however a firm in perfect cannot, so what use is PED?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.15%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (88)
28.48%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (117)
37.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
12.94%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed