The Student Room Group

Need help choosing what to do next year in year 13

Hello, I am currently doing three AS levels. Maths, art and media. I don't feel like doing maths anymore. It was hard this year and I spent so much time on it that I was forgetting my other subjects. Next year maths will be harder. I need help choosing AS level subjects that are not the new a level. Is photography (edexcel) a new a level. Please could someone help me. I don't have many choices.
Original post by Elisa2000
Hello, I am currently doing three AS levels. Maths, art and media. I don't feel like doing maths anymore. It was hard this year and I spent so much time on it that I was forgetting my other subjects. Next year maths will be harder. I need help choosing AS level subjects that are not the new a level. Is photography (edexcel) a new a level. Please could someone help me. I don't have many choices.

It is really quite difficult to understand.

You want to choose a new A level that is old legacy spec but still being taught or self taught?

I suggest you contact edexcel.

Art media and photography would be very sift A levels academically if you wish to go to uni to do anything other than art or photography.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
It is really quite difficult to understand.

You want to choose a new A level that is old legacy spec but still being taught or self taught?

I suggest you contact edexcel.

Art media and photography would be very sift A levels academically if you wish to go to uni to do anything other than art or photography.

Yes I would like a new alevel that is old legacy spec. I wouldn't want to do 2 years for the new a level (1-9 grade programme).

Also I do want to go to an art university so I don't personally think that my a levels such as art and media are **** to me . But like I said maths is going to get more difficult and I don't mind dropping it but I don't know what to choose that has old spec.
Original post by Elisa2000
Yes I would like a new alevel that is old legacy spec. I wouldn't want to do 2 years for the new a level (1-9 grade programme).

Also I do want to go to an art university so I don't personally think that my a levels such as art and media are **** to me . But like I said maths is going to get more difficult and I don't mind dropping it but I don't know what to choose that has old spec.

Are you self teaching?

In any event contact the exam board as legacy spec is being phased out quickly.

Here is a list and it looks like the only ones being taught are some of the niche languages.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/timings-for-the-withdrawal-of-legacy-gcses-as-and-a-levels
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest