Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceebee_jeebees)
    Is anyone planning to join any teams or a more suitable question would be, are they actually any teams? As Lse is more academically renowned is sport not taken that seriously? Also are there inter-uni competitions?

I was thinking of joining the squash team is anyone else planning on getting involved in any other sports?

Charlotte
    I don't think I'll join any teams although being a qualified footy ref, I'd like to continue with that. I suppose I could do the North London junior league (or whatever its called) or something like that, hopefully though London unis are crying out for refs and thus pay them a decent wage, although somehow I think I'm being a bit optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    hiya! just wondering I'm applying to LSE and UCL... is there any possibilities to be in a "club" of athletics and a club/lessons or something like that of gymnastics?

ReputationRep:
    I used to do Tae Kwon Do for 5 years before i went to boarding school and one of my life time ambitions is to become a black belt albeit that won't happen in the next decade, even though i got to 3 belts below black belt. I am doing Government and Economics and in Rosebery for accomodation You?
    maths and eco, stayin in carr saunders. i might see you at taekwondo class then? lol

ReputationRep:
    Excellent, tell me more about yourself! I was secretly worried as well. People just seem obsessed by work and where they stand politically (either a complete lefty or the other extreme; an authoritarian). University is about having fun as well as furthering your chances career wise. I want to maintain that status quo. It seems all other students from all other uni’s believe that apart from LSE. I also put Nottingham as my 2nd choice. But if no one does much sport then that only means I have a better chance of getting on a team, if they exist that is!
    Im from surrey, studying history or maybe international relations and history - im hoping to change when i get there! Seemed to have drawn the shortest straw possible with accommodation, getting a shared room in my 4th choice halls - bankside! im trying desperately to get in somewhere else though. Really want intercollegiate! Do you know anyone else going to lse?
    Fingers X we're gonna have a fun time this year as well as having to work!! I wouldnt want to waste all the practice I gave my liver this year travelling!
    We should meet up for a game of squash or something also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilhamt)
    Im from surrey, studying history or maybe international relations and history - im hoping to change when i get there! Seemed to have drawn the shortest straw possible with accommodation, getting a shared room in my 4th choice halls - bankside! im trying desperately to get in somewhere else though. Really want intercollegiate! Do you know anyone else going to lse?
    Fingers X we're gonna have a fun time this year as well as having to work!! I wouldnt want to waste all the practice I gave my liver this year travelling!
    I'm reading History too, but am in Carr Saunders. Does anyone know what they have planned for Freshers? I haven't had my little info pack yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Actually, in all seriousness I would like to join a gym (my past and current lover has noted that my Roman-god-like body has a lot of potential). Does the LSE have one?

I can also play badminton and tennis, albeit badly.

And does beating up UCL kids count as a sport too?
    Who the **** do you think you are. What have you got against UCL. Well actually what have you got against everywhere else apart from LSE. Have you experienced other Unis, have you been to other Top tier Unis. I'm sick and tired of you and your *****y posts. There are lots of Unis out there, some better than LSE. Oh and maybe it will be you who will be the one getting beaten up by UCL guys. *******!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJGoodwill)
    Who the **** do you think you are. What have you got against UCL. Well actually what have you got against everywhere else apart from LSE. Have you experienced other Unis, have you been to other Top tier Unis. I'm sick and tired of you and your *****y posts. There are lots of Unis out there, some better than LSE. Oh and maybe it will be you who will be the one getting beaten up by UCL guys. *******!! :mad:
    I'm actually crying.

There are lots of Unis out there, some better than LSE.
    Such as....?

Actually, your post, especially the last bit, reminded me of Bo Selecta’s Mel C – “ya *******s!”

ReputationRep:
    Freshers pack? - woo hoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biggles)
    Such as....?

Actually, your post, especially the last bit, reminded me of Bo Selecta’s Mel C – “ya *******s!”
    First of all, are we just talking about UK unis, if so then no there isn't loads, but ox and cam are better, I would even say Imperial is better. If you looking at International unis there are way better unis in america, Europe and even Japan.

What are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Lol the more I think about your not a *******, though you can be very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, are we just talking about UK unis, if so then no there isn't loads, but ox and cam are better, I would even say Imperial is better. If you looking at International unis there are way better unis in america, Europe and even Japan.

What are you on?
    One point, the name 'Goodwill' - that's actually quite funny, given the sour and snidey tone of your posts - and the sweeping, fact-free put downs, so bold, so decisive, so clueless... and the bitterness towards LSE... you'll fit in well on the forum in general...

ReputationRep:
    .... aslong as you change your pic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    One point, the name 'Goodwill' - that's actually quite funny, given the sour and snidey tone of your posts - and the sweeping, fact-free put downs, so bold, so decisive, so clueless... and the bitterness towards LSE... you'll fit in well on the forum in general...
    Wow, thank you, complementing me will get you nowhere you know. I'm sorry I can't comment on your name. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeroy)
    .... aslong as you change your pic
    I'll think about it

ReputationRep:
    Oh and just because my name has Goodwill in it [actually it's my surname] doesn't mean that everything I post and say has to reflect that word.

ReputationRep:
    hey hey at last ...normal people going to LSE......i had not plan to work for at least the first term (not too much neway) and for a minute there i thought being surrounded by geeks would brainwash me but now i know there are some decent ppl going there in oct.....phew!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    Pull your head out of your arse mate!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    Freshers pack? - woo hoo!
    I think so, well they do have to tell us what's happening soon :-) Apparently, last year's Freshers was pretty good-they went to Ministry of Sound etc (not sure if that is my kind of thing, but i'll go once and see). Hopefully, it should be good :-) If it's crap, it doesn't matter- you can't really be bored in London.

I havn't received my welcome pack yet.....

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 28, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.