Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ahhhh scary phone!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    It wasn't my imagination! My mum thinks the phone is faulty. lol.
    Right, and it was ringing when the battery was taken out. What will you think of next.

ReputationRep:
    Recently my phone has started ringing in the middle of the night, even when it is entirely switched off. I've checked - there is no alarm and no missed calls and it rings at a different time....sometimes 3.30am, sometimes 2am...and it's done this for the past three nights. It doesn't ring in the daytime and I can't work out what's up.

Last night I got out of bed, put it on silent and switched it off. And then 10 mins later it was vibrating like crazy. I even took the battery out and it did the same!!! Eventually I had to call my parents and they put it in their room and told me to sort it out in the morning. They had no trouble and it has been quiet ever since.

Please tell me what could be up before I lose my mind!
    Were you high? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    did you watch the ring exactly a week ago?

ReputationRep:
    lol no s**t the phone is faulty if you take the batteries out and its still making noise

ReputationRep:
    What phone have u got?????????

ReputationRep:
    Recently my phone has started ringing in the middle of the night, even when it is entirely switched off. I've checked - there is no alarm and no missed calls and it rings at a different time....sometimes 3.30am, sometimes 2am...and it's done this for the past three nights. It doesn't ring in the daytime and I can't work out what's up.

Last night I got out of bed, put it on silent and switched it off. And then 10 mins later it was vibrating like crazy. I even took the battery out and it did the same!!! Eventually I had to call my parents and they put it in their room and told me to sort it out in the morning. They had no trouble and it has been quiet ever since.

:eek: ur fone is cursed, burn it rite now. This reminds me of an incident that happened to me awhile back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    This reminds me of an incident that happened to me awhile back.
    ermmm.... yes....

(when you say something like that, you're supposed to elaborate...)

this reminds me of the time i met that thing

ReputationRep:
    Faulty?! It rings without a power source! Clearly it's anything but faulty, sell it to Nasa.

ReputationRep:
    I told you STOP TAKING THESE PILLS!would you listen?!.. NO :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    ermmm.... yes....

(when you say something like that, you're supposed to elaborate...)

this reminds me of the time i met that thing

lol, yeah I should have sorry.

I was uploading some songs from my favourite album to the computers
    Real Jukebox, and after downloading them. I listened to them all and they all worked fine, then I shut Real Jukebox down by exiting it and was about to shutdown the computer, when Take Thats Relight My Fire started to play from my computer speakers. I didnt understand where it was coming from, as Real Jukebox wasnt playing, and the most funny thing is it didnt start from the beginning, but from the chorus and when it finished it repeated. really weird, when I shut the computer down, during its shutdown process it was still playing, wasnt until the computer screen went black then it went off.

ReputationRep:
    Yep :confused:
    how does that work? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeah I should have sorry.

I was uploading some songs from my favourite album to the computers
    Real Jukebox, and after downloading them. I listened to them all and they all worked fine, then I shut Real Jukebox down by exiting it and was about to shutdown the computer, when Take Thats Relight My Fire started to play from my computer speakers. I didnt understand where it was coming from, as Real Jukebox wasnt playing, and the most funny thing is it didnt start from the beginning, but from the chorus and when it finished it repeated. really weird, when I shut the computer down, during its shutdown process it was still playing, wasnt until the computer screen went black then it went off.
    That doesn't sound so scary. You have to shut kazaalite down a certain way or it will keep playing. And when you switched the power off it went away.

Ok Adshur: Are you certain it vibrated after you took the battery out? Could something have made it vibrate? Or is there anything else in your room that vibrates?
    Check your settings to see if it is set to come on when calls are received.
    Does the screen show any calls when it rings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    That doesn't sound so scary. You have to shut kazaalite down a certain way or it will keep playing. And when you switched the power off it went away.

Ok Adshur: Are you certain it vibrated after you took the battery out? Could something have made it vibrate? Or is there anything else in your room that vibrates?
    Check your settings to see if it is set to come on when calls are received.
    Does the screen show any calls when it rings?

Of course it was scary, cos I havent even got that song on my computer.

ReputationRep:

Have you been smoking pot?

Joking, anyways, that is pretty freaky. Has this happened more than once??

ReputationRep:
    Of course it was scary, cos I havent even got that song on my computer.
    Ooooookay :confused: Now that's a bit more scary. Must have somehow got some of it dled somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm new idea for a horror film: The Call Of The Cursed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slice'N'Dice)
    Have you been smoking pot?

Joking, anyways, that is pretty freaky. Has this happened more than once??
    Yep a few times now. I don't get to the phone in time to see what's on the screen. It is the phone which is vibrating - nothing else.

Maybe it just has charge left in it when the battery is removed or something. Ah well, doesn't matter - we'll see what happens tonight.

Btw, it's a motorola mpx200 smartphone.

ReputationRep:
    Yep a few times now. I don't get to the phone in time to see what's on the screen. It is the phone which is vibrating - nothing else.

Maybe it just has charge left in it when the battery is removed or something. Ah well, doesn't matter - we'll see what happens tonight.

Btw, it's a motorola mpx200 smartphone.
    as cant remember whome weasly said,never trust something thats thinks on it's own

ReputationRep:

Sounds to me like a case of confusing your phone with a vibrating dildo... of course there is a very slight chance i could be wrong...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.