Crashing Higher History

Watch this thread
username2860098
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Last edited by username2860098; 10 months ago
Puppo
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

I did n5 history and just did higher last year and now do AH. I would say higher history is quite easy and should be relatively fine to crash. N5 history is ridiculously simple and I don't think it would be of much benefit to you when you could pick up another higher qualification instead. You have three of the same source questions from n5 in higher but two of them are slightly different so it will be somewhat new for those who have sat n5 before as well and it's just templates to memorise so not too bad. Higher has two 20 mark essays which are not in n5. In n5 there was the to what extent eight marker which I'd argue is not an essay. So yeah, you haven't really missed much. The assignment for higher should be straightforward as it's like an extended essay which is what you spend most of the year doing so you'll be well versed in this. I'd say definitely continue with higher, it's one of the better highers in my experience.
Puppo
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

I can post pics of the source questions templates my teacher uses? It will probably be different from your teachers as they all go about it slightly differently
ferm4t
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I crashed History in S6 after taking Higher Modern Studies. I would say that History is a lot more work however if you are good at essay writing and remembering a lot anyone can do the course and easily pass.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (130)
65.99%
No (45)
22.84%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed