Would this story be alright for an English language exam?

Watch
Macy457
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
okay so I've started planning out my story that I'm going to write for my English language exam tomorrow and it's about the life of a heroin addict and how this person feels enclosed. I don't know if it's a silly question but it will be appropriate for the exam board to mark right? they wouldn't have any concerns ?
katiecakes123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey there,

It would be inappropriate if you were writing about how the character loves heroin and present being an addict in a good light. Or were writing about the positives of drug addiction, 'encouraging' the reader to try drugs as such.

However, written well i do this it could potentially be a good story

Best of luck with it X

(I achieved an A at GCSE English language)
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Macy457)
okay so I've started planning out my story that I'm going to write for my English language exam tomorrow and it's about the life of a heroin addict and how this person feels enclosed. I don't know if it's a silly question but it will be appropriate for the exam board to mark right? they wouldn't have any concerns ?
Wait, how do you know what you're going to write before the exam? Don't the stories have to be related to the instructions i.e. write about a happy moment in your life, etc.?
Macy457
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
Wait, how do you know what you're going to write before the exam? Don't the stories have to be related to the instructions i.e. write about a happy moment in your life, etc.?
Yeah I know but I've always planned ahead a story to then tie into one of the four titles
Rii.M
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Macy457)
My teacher told us that they do penalize for offensive or inappropriate material (including profanity), she is an AQA marker for Language P1 Q5 this year. She has also been told by AQA that writing has to be clearly linked to the task/image to receive high marks. I don't know how you would do this without the given image e.g what if we get a pic of a dog or something?

I don't think writing something that may be deemed offensive or inappropriate is a good move if you are doing it to purely make your work more interesting. They don't mark heavily off your plot-line anyways. You can get full marks with just description of the given image and simple plotted narrative if your writing is good.
alotofonetoknow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
to stay on the safe side, don't go into detail about the drugs aspect but focus more on the guy's emotions and relationships maybe? cool story
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads