National 5 Modern Studies Question

Watch
Vaen
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So, for some reason now going into S4 I was put into a National 5 Modern Studies course, which is a surprise to me as honestly I was doing pretty bad during my time in S3.

Anyway, we were giving the recent 2017 National 5 exam booklet and were told to answer the first question, which I have no idea what it is and after searching for it for a significant amount of time I still never found anything.

Question is;

People in Scotland have many political rights.

Describe, in detail, two political rights that people in Scotland have.

And I have no idea how to answer that, I do know some key things like the referendum and recent changes in the voting age, but I have no idea how to construct it together and make a paragraph.

So any help would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Gabriellaxm
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hey! Probably focus your answer on devoted rights the Scottish government have given to the Scottish people that aren't the same in Westminster, just google what differences there are to Scottish political rights (such as 16 year olds being able to vote but only in Scottish council elections etc). Hope that helped (I just dropped Modern Studies and wasn't so good at it either lol).
leavemeblank
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hey, i did this exam a few weeks ago. This is an amazing question and its not too hard. In the exam I spoke about

- Right to vote. Local council, Scottish, UK, Euro elections for local councillors, MSPs, MPs and MEPs. Can also vote in referendums. e.g. 2017/2015 general election, 2016 Scottish elections, 2014/16 referenda.

- Right to stand as a candidate. Literally exactly the same as above except change your wording a little. For the example I'd probably get the name of your local MSP and stay stood as a candidate in 2016 and were successful. Or you could even name someone whose standing as a candidate for the election tomorrow.

- Right to protest and demonstrate. They can do this is unhappy with govt decisions to encourage and pressurise them to make change. For example, January 2017 saw many Scottish people participate on women's rights demonstrations in cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh after Trump was elected.

For this question you want two points, providing some extra detail and then an example for each one.

If you ever need any help on N5 Modies please feel free drop me a message!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed