Did you reserve seat for night trains (INTERRAILING) Watch

Eirk87
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Was looking through the relevant booklet tonight and saw that they recommend booking sleeper trains 2 months in advance! My trip is a month away. I was wondering if anyone booked online a month early or are you okay to turn up to the station a few days before hand and book then. This will be during peak travelers time in July.

Thank you!
Eirk87
Rep:
?
Anyone?
jakeup97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Eirk87)
Was looking through the relevant booklet tonight and saw that they recommend booking sleeper trains 2 months in advance! My trip is a month away. I was wondering if anyone booked online a month early or are you okay to turn up to the station a few days before hand and book then. This will be during peak travelers time in July.

Thank you!
From what I remember of my last interrailing trip, it was possible to make reservations on a sleeper train at the station on the day of departure.

Whether you decide to even make a reservation is up to you though...we didn't bother and just hopped on the train (didn't like the idea of having to pay €40 when we'd already forked out £300 for an interrail ticket).

In hindsight this was a mistake - we ended up having to move every time the train stopped and a passenger with a reservation got on.

If you'd prefer to ensure a good nights sleep and don't like leaving things to the last minute, then you should probably make a reservation in advance. The only downside of booking so far in advance is that you do end up stifling spontaneity somewhat...

Out of interest, where are you planning to travel?
Eirk87
Rep:
?
Mostly round Eastern Europe. I've booked the two that we need to get (as we've booked hostels in advance) came out to £28 pound each for both trains together

(Original post by jakeup97)
From what I remember of my last interrailing trip, it was possible to make reservations on a sleeper train at the station on the day of departure.

Whether you decide to even make a reservation is up to you though...we didn't bother and just hopped on the train (didn't like the idea of having to pay €40 when we'd already forked out £300 for an interrail ticket).

In hindsight this was a mistake - we ended up having to move every time the train stopped and a passenger with a reservation got on.

If you'd prefer to ensure a good nights sleep and don't like leaving things to the last minute, then you should probably make a reservation in advance. The only downside of booking so far in advance is that you do end up stifling spontaneity somewhat...

Out of interest, where are you planning to travel?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (293)
60.41%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.74%
No- I want it (134)
27.63%
No- I don't want it (35)
7.22%

Watched Threads