The Student Room Group

a-level subjects

So now im doing
psychology
english
photography

i know those aren't the best subjects that universities may want for studying psychology at university, but i really want to study psychology. i was thinking would it be possible if some universities allowed me to study psychology with those subjects and if i do a biology foundation course at university?
Original post by seagurl
So now im doing
psychology
english
photography

i know those aren't the best subjects that universities may want for studying psychology at university, but i really want to study psychology. i was thinking would it be possible if some universities allowed me to study psychology with those subjects and if i do a biology foundation course at university?

Some universities will accept you with just one science/math subject which includes psychology. However there's a general trend that at the higher ranked unis, they will tend to require more sciences, but even places like UCL only have a minimum of one science a level (although they prefer people with two). I wouldn't say its necessary to do a biology foundation year, biology isn't required subject to do psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest