The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Should i go halls or live in my own flat ?!?!?

I have the oppitunity to live in my own flat rent FREE, or go to halls. I think id rather go to halls but rent free is just screaming out to me.

Is halls worth it with the cost?? What are the benifits and negatives to halls?

I should also mention this flat is acctusly quite nice. What should i do ??
Original post by Roux110
I have the oppitunity to live in my own flat rent FREE, or go to halls. I think id rather go to halls but rent free is just screaming out to me.

Is halls worth it with the cost?? What are the benifits and negatives to halls?

I should also mention this flat is acctusly quite nice. What should i do ??

Will you be starting first year?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Logic4Life
Will you be starting first year?

Yeah
Original post by Roux110
Yeah

Benefits of halls are that your starting first year so it will be a lot easier to make new friends who are in the same position as you. The negatives are being put with flatmates who you may not get on with as you have no choice in who your flatmates are. Halls will also be a lot more expensive depending if your wanting to go for an en-suite and catered.The obvious benefit of the flats are that its cost free and you get your own space (if you like that). You will still be able to make friends but you have to put more effort into going and finding them. Its all down to if your willing to do that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Logic4Life
Benefits of halls are that your starting first year so it will be a lot easier to make new friends who are in the same position as you. The negatives are being put with flatmates who you may not get on with as you have no choice in who your flatmates are. Halls will also be a lot more expensive depending if your wanting to go for an en-suite and catered.The obvious benefit of the flats are that its cost free and you get your own space (if you like that). You will still be able to make friends but you have to put more effort into going and finding them. Its all down to if your willing to do that.

What would you do ?
Halls. Going to somewhere completely new and having to make friends, which will be so so so much easier in halls.
Reply 6
Could you do halls the first year and then the flat in the second. What part of Cardiff is the flat situated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending