The Student Room Group

edexcel igcse English language 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J77mie
For the last question, how did U structure it? Is it ok to argue for and against them come to a conclusion?

I guess that's fine. I structured mine
Intro
Advantages for pets
Disadvantages for pets
A for humans
DA for humans
Other A
Other DA
Conclusion

And finished with about a minute and a half to spare :h:
Reply 21
That sounds good. How did you find the rest of the paper?
Reply 22
Original post by Artemis6774
What did everyone get for the four mark q about what we learn about the author?
I wrote:
-He was young because he relied on his mum and grandmother for information
-He was dependant on his grandmother (he held her hand to stop being separated
-He didn't know much about the war (even when his grandma told him the soldiers were going he didnn't understand why)
-He was imaginative because he personified the train

For question 4 I wrote too much about the description of the station, but it kind of overlapped with the words phrases and technique part so... *shrugs*

hello my friend WE WROTE THE EXACT SAME FOR THE 4 MARKER
Reply 23
Original post by unisk
what did u write for the beach safety question. i wrote about how it had bright and vibrant colours subheadings etc.

Samee.. I talked about the vibrant colours as well. Also about the diagrams of the 'rip tides' thing, and how they provide a clearer instruction.(wasn't sure of this but oh well..)
Reply 24
What did everyone get for the four mark q about what we learn about the author?
I wrote:
-He was young because he relied on his mum and grandmother for information
-He was dependant on his grandmother (he held her hand to stop being separated
-He didn't know much about the war (even when his grandma told him the soldiers were going he didnn't understand why)
-He was imaginative because he personified the train

For question 4 I wrote too much about the description of the station, but it kind of overlapped with the words phrases and technique part so... *shrugs*

omg..pretty sure i'm getting one mark for this question. I was panicking about section C and B :0.. aghh
Original post by simmi1
hello my friend WE WROTE THE EXACT SAME FOR THE 4 MARKER

MY SPIRIT TWIN!! We will pass our English together xD
Original post by J77mie
That sounds good. How did you find the rest of the paper?

For the Section B part I found the RNLI thing to be OK, since I crammed about it last night (lucky) so I just wrote about background colours, emotive language, logo and slogan impact and the images... I think that went well but I needed extra paper.
For the second part of Section B I just wrote a letter about a holiday to Spain from a first person view in past tense. I got a few good descriptions in there so rn I'm just crossing my fingers and rereading all of Anthology B xD
Original post by lind1234
omg..pretty sure i'm getting one mark for this question. I was panicking about section C and B :0.. aghh

Dw it's done now and I bet you will get a better grade than you think you will:smile:
how many pages did you guys write for section C?
Original post by emilygrace25
how many pages did you guys write for section C?

I used one page for planning and then used all of the pages in the booklet and one line of the page on the back of the booklet
I used one page for planning and then used all of the pages in the booklet and one line of the page on the back of the booklet

wow! I only wrote 3 pages

Well, it's quality over quantity:smile:
Well, it's quality over quantity:smile:

Haha yep I spent too long on the question before about holidays so I only had about 15 minutes for section C
Haha yep I spent too long on the question before about holidays so I only had about 15 minutes for section C

Lol I thought I had spent too much time on that as well and then after panicking that I only had 10 minutes to finish the paper I realised that I was reading the clock wrong xD
Lol I thought I had spent too much time on that as well and then after panicking that I only had 10 minutes to finish the paper I realised that I was reading the clock wrong xD

ahaha im a bit worried about the section C but hopefully my A* coursework will bring my grade up
Reply 36
ahaha im a bit worried about the section C but hopefully my A* coursework will bring my grade up

How many marks do you think we will need for a c grade?
is it still possible to pass if you do really well on paper 2?
Original post by unisk
How many marks do you think we will need for a c grade?

sorry dont know as im not doing paper 2
Reply 38
Original post by lind1234
Samee.. I talked about the vibrant colours as well. Also about diagrams of the 'rip tides' thing, and how they provide a clearer instruction.(wasn't sure of this but oh well..)

how many marks do you think you will need for a c grade?
Original post by unisk
how many marks do you think you will need for a c grade?

This year's January paper had a grade boundary of 49 marks. Paper 2 has 3 marks and Paper 1 has 60. If you do well on the second paper you would only need to have scored 20 marks minimum in Paper 1 to get a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending