Aqa English Language Paper1

Watch this thread
Thegigantic1
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
HOW WAS YOUR LANGUAGE PAPER EXAM
I FOUND IT OK BUT only wrote 2 sides for last 40 marker
KSLovato
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Q2, Q3 and Q4 were quite hard because of the lack of language and structure features/techniques.
Q5 was all right, I was able to do 4 sides of A4 pages.
Hopefully the grade boundaries will get low if a large amount of people struggled with the first questions.
arnav_202
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KSLovato)
Q2, Q3 and Q4 were quite hard because of the lack of language and structure features/techniques.
Q5 was all right, I was able to do 4 sides of A4 pages.
Hopefully the grade boundaries will get low if a large amount of people struggled with the first questions.
I found 1,2,3 quite simple but 4 was a bit of a challenge. I wrote my 5 about catching the bus to school for my exam - it was meant to be about the journey home tho so im a bit worried
the cookie
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
When starting a new paragrapgh i didn't leave a space or a whole line but i managed to indent to show that i started a new paragraph,is that OK
DyslexicBunnie
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Omg it was actually well good. I did the description of the old man. I wrote about him and his dementia and how he's gonna die soon and he knows it...

yea i know! i don't write happy things xD It got so dark really quickly tbh.

Im dreadin paper 2 though on friday though :/
Exams_2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I struggled with timing greatly. I did question 1,2,3,4 but reached question 5 and only did 2 sides of A4. they gave us a hard question for the description. it is difficult to write about an old man's face. what question did the rest of you attempt for question 5; the description of the picture or the story where things turn out as unexpected.
Exams_2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the cookie)
When starting a new paragrapgh i didn't leave a space or a whole line but i managed to indent to show that i started a new paragraph,is that OK
yes as long as you represent the indentation for the new paragraph
the cookie
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
when writing a new paragraph i indented will i loose marks
the cookie
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
sorry didn't realise you commented,apologies
the cookie
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Exams_2018)
yes as long as you represent the indentation for the new paragraph
thank you so much i spent this whole time worrying
the cookie
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I struggled with timing greatly. I did question 1,2,3,4 but reached question 5 and only did 2 sides of A4. they gave us a hard question for the description. it is difficult to write about an old man's face. what question did the rest of you attempt for question 5; the description of the picture or the story where things turn out as unexpected.
Thats fine according to YouTube English language videos,examiners want you to write roughly 2-3 pages. I chose the description as i hadnt revised at all for narrative
billie mercury
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I did the description cus I'm bad at writing stories (My plot lines are usually to all over the place). I also did not write a lot but I think the quality of my work was good. I'm hoping I don't lose a lot of marks for lack of content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads