The Student Room Group

Aqa English Language paper 1- HELP I MESSED UP

Scroll to see replies

any thoughts on whether me and sophies descriptions about a train instead of bus could still be acceptable (give us a good grade if we used descrpitive devices)
Original post by Jennifercullen
This genuinely makes me feel so much better, thank you !!!! Good luck with your paper 2 :smile:

Thanks, you too!
What was the actual question for the bus at question 5
Reply 43
So I sat my english language aqa exam today. For q5, I chose the narrative option but my narrative didn't really have a plot, like it began with the plot already occurring and nothing really changed from then. Will I lose marks for this and, if so, how many? I feel like my actual writing in terms of language was quite good. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Oh well for the Section B I chose the story, but I talked about a walk in the woods from people with different backgrounds, which is totally off topic from a bus. Do you think I will get marked a lot down as a result, because I was really confused, and now I am so worried.
So I sat my english language aqa exam today. For q5, I chose the narrative option but my narrative didn't really have a plot, like it began with the plot already occurring and nothing really changed from then. Will I lose marks for this and, if so, how many? I feel like my actual writing in terms of language was quite good. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

You may get marked down a little for structure, but I did the same thing in my mocks and got 34/40 so as long as you have a generally compelling way of writing and use difference sentence structures, language etc. you should be fine :smile:
Reply 46
It was describe a bus journey
Reply 47
It was not on home so you're fine , it was describe a bus journey suggested by this picturw
Original post by HarrydaHobbit
Well you probably didn't do as worse as me...I wrote 3 and a half pages about a train and not a bus (i thought it was london underground...i know ;( ) you cant do anyting about it now so don't worry.

What grade did you end up getting???
Original post by BIGBOY6969
Thank you Legend

WHAt did you end up getting?????
My section A was strong, so thats reassuring. However, i ran out of time for Section B, only had about 20 minutes and managed to write about 2 pages. THIS IS NOT THE WORST:frown:( i cried to my teacher, as the description was supposed to be your journey home ON the bus, i misread/didn't see this and wrotes as though i was an outsider looking in. How many marks will i lose/40, will i lose them all for not addressing the question? Is it still possible to get a 6 overall? Actually so upset right now:frown:(

What did you end up getting ?
Original post by DavidAma123
What did you end up getting ?

If they didn’t reply to the same question 4 years ago I highly doubt they would reply now…
My section A was strong, so thats reassuring. However, i ran out of time for Section B, only had about 20 minutes and managed to write about 2 pages. THIS IS NOT THE WORST:frown:( i cried to my teacher, as the description was supposed to be your journey home ON the bus, i misread/didn't see this and wrotes as though i was an outsider looking in. How many marks will i lose/40, will i lose them all for not addressing the question? Is it still possible to get a 6 overall? Actually so upset right now:frown:(

lol u failed

Quick Reply