Passoa Party Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kupo_nut)
By the way, who is Rosie? has she posted on this thread with a UKL pseudonym or is she someone entirely different?

Apologies for my n00biness!

If its an open invitation I'll be there, otherwise I'll gatecrash

Rosie aka Crana
Poc ar buile
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by amateurish)
god, yes - i wouldn't have a gastroscopy again for that money!
Would you..?! When did you have one, and why?
Poc ar buile
(Original post by figgetyfig)
Who is invited? Has it been decided when and where yet? and who do I PM my details to (assuming I am allowed to come).

Am intending on planning a UKL formal hall too later on in the year for anyone who's interested.
Which college would that be in..? :confused:

PM details to Rosie or even myself (I'll pass all details on to Rosie nearer the time - I've built up a list of emails in case this site goes down long-term as I'm fearing it will)...
figgetyfig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
[QUOTE=polthegael]Which college would that be in..? [QUOTE]

Don't know, I'll be at catz but we'll talk nearer the time about where the best college to have it would be. I read that you can organise your own society formal halls, and a website I'm a member of had a formal hall last year at New hall which they said was a big success, so I thought it might be an idea.
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
118 118 Got ya numbah !

have mine at hand
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Counterpoint)
118 118 Got ya numbah !

have mine at hand
#From Not-ting-ham to Not-ting-ham gate!!!!!!!!!!#

G
figgetyfig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Counterpoint)
118 118 Got ya numbah !

have mine at hand
:confused:
Counterpoint
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by figgetyfig)
:confused:
Lol... momentary lapse of randomness... I think I was saying, don't y'all forget to tell me bout the passoa !
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was thinking of starting to organise a party but thought it was a bit early. Sign me up anyway! I won't give out my e-mail address though, not quite yet.

PS Anyone know what has happened to Rosie? She's being uncharacteristically quiet.
shiny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You should form a little society!

The UK-L Cambridge Society and elect a committee!

Helenia for President!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
#From Not-ting-ham to Not-ting-ham gate!!!!!!!!!!#

G
It's Nottingham to Notting Hill Gate :rolleyes:

I think we should wait until everyone's settled into Cambridge life before having the party - nobody knows (except me) how big their rooms are going to be, and how busy they're going to be. Once things have settled down, we can start planning it properly. If we can trust Rosie with the Passoa for that long...
amateurish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by polthegael)
Would you..?! When did you have one, and why?
a few years ago i choked on a fish bone and it damaged my oesophagus. lovely ear, nose and throat man decided shoving a camera down my throat would help not the most pleasant experience, i must say!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
It's Nottingham to Notting Hill Gate :rolleyes:

I think we should wait until everyone's settled into Cambridge life before having the party - nobody knows (except me) how big their rooms are going to be, and how busy they're going to be. Once things have settled down, we can start planning it properly. If we can trust Rosie with the Passoa for that long...
Lol....whoops...well..now i know. And i think that's a good idea..having a full blown party the first time we meet might be a bit weird???

G
Willla2
Report 14 years ago
we'll try an arrange a smaller meet with maybe a few of us sometime during the week.....caffe nero springs to mind.
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willla2)
we'll try an arrange a smaller meet with maybe a few of us sometime during the week.....caffe nero springs to mind.
Frappe Latte
*dies*
soooo....good....
Poc ar buile
(Original post by amateurish)
a few years ago i choked on a fish bone and it damaged my oesophagus. lovely ear, nose and throat man decided shoving a camera down my throat would help not the most pleasant experience, i must say!
Poor you! Sounds nasty. I hate doctors and everything they stand for. One shoved his tube right down into my antrum by the pyloric sphincter and took a biopsy to test for some *****y wee bacterium by the name of Helicobacter pylori or something like that.. The blasts of air to open my sphinters were just nasty and I started going into spasm
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by polthegael)
Poor you! Sounds nasty. I hate doctors and everything they stand for. One shoved his tube right down into my antrum by the pyloric sphincter and took a biopsy to test for some *****y wee bacterium by the name of Helicobacter pylori or something like that.. The blasts of air to open my sphinters were just nasty and I started going into spasm
So why are you becoming one then?
Fluffstar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
So why are you becoming one then?
Get paid lots when fully trained? No shortage of employment? Get to wear a stethoscope?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fluffstar)
Get to wear a stethoscope?
You have no idea how true this is - it's easy to spot the junior doctors as they are all wearing their stethoscopes like some kind of badge of authority. And they all look down on me cos I'm a secretary, I feel like shouting "I'm one of you, dammit!"
Poc ar buile
(Original post by Fluffstar)
Get paid lots when fully trained? No shortage of employment? Get to wear a stethoscope?
These are some good reasons, thanx Kathy

You mised out the main ones though - I'm a sadist and want to inflict pain on people. I want to GIVE endoscopies - just not receive them! I also have a weird notion that being a doctor might impress people, especially being a Cambridge one (though, in reality, I imagine Cambridge ones are the worst (with Oxford ones) as we do less hands-on (laud the deity!)...

X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (956)
79.87%
Leave (241)
20.13%

Watched Threads