Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

who is doing paper 1 tomorrow?

and does anyone have any predictions of what's going to come up?
Spoiler:
Show

are you guy going to learn all the inferential tests for tomorrows?
glouisestan
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I really thought at least one of the memory models was going to be on there...how wrong i was.
Carlyanna_1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you find it?
Shawn Adams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1 Was the data type question quantitative or qualitative?
2 For the 8 makers, how many A03 points did you need?
Bristow98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's 3 evaluation points for 8 markers unless there's a stem
nealej
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The first question was so ambiguous! People in my class put nominal/quantitative and primary data so no one really had any idea :/ really happy nothing on the biological approach for OCD came up other than the multiple choice though ...
Katiead
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I put primary data for question 1, it wasn't very specific and loads of people put nominal as well :\
Shawn Adams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bristow98)
It's 3 evaluation points for 8 markers unless there's a stem
I'm ****ed. For one of the 8 markers I gave fully detailed A01 but only 1 A03 point (due to time). The other 8 marker I did the same but 2 A03 points. The exam went pretty well overall tho. I expect a high B/low A
77GEO
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What did anyone put for how to deal with independent measure? I put they could use matched pairs? But others put random allocation? Any ideas
Carlyanna_1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I put quantitative and nominal just to be safe haha and i put matched pairs where they can match ppts on a variable e.g. how much social approval matters to them to reduce participant variables
nealej
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 77GEO)
What did anyone put for how to deal with independent measure? I put they could use matched pairs? But others put random allocation? Any ideas
Everyone in my class put matched pairs
Millie.hs
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the 8 markers I wrote two evaluation points because it look me a while to elaborate on them.. will that be okay?
Carlyanna_1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Millie.hs)
For the 8 markers I wrote two evaluation points because it look me a while to elaborate on them.. will that be okay?
My teachers told me that 2 fully explained evaluation points would be fine for an 8 marker
Millie.hs
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Carlyanna_1)
My teachers told me that 2 fully explained evaluation points would be fine for an 8 marker
thanks! that's a relief 😅
Caraeloise
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For question 1 I put categorical data, hopefully that's right as it's the same way of saying nominal. When do you think the unofficial mark scheme will be released?
kleach12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Question 1 was based on research methods like the others within social influence and so was more about whether the data was quantitative an quantitative. The tricky stem meant you had to read carefully because questionnaires are qualitative data but the thing the research was measuring was the amount of questionnaires answered.
Shawn Adams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 77GEO)
I put Repeated measures with counterbalancing. It's right, I checked the book. A strength of repeated measures is it reduces participant variables as the same ppl take part it all conditions. Matched pairs is correct too
tamsinj98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What did everyone write for the 16 marker at the end? Didn't seem as though there was enough content to write 16 marks on deviation from ideal mental health and inability to function?
tamsinj98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shawn Adams)
I put Repeated measures with counterbalancing. It's right, I checked the book. A strength of repeated measures is it reduces participant variables as the same ppl take part it all conditions. Matched pairs is correct too
oooo thank you very much I was panicking so much about putting matched pairs!
Mrtoyk182
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's right but the question specifically asked for independent groups design so the answer is random allocation.

Feel free to correct me

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (112)
13.79%
I'm not sure (36)
4.43%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (247)
30.42%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (397)
48.89%

Watched Threads